8: Miraculum

Thank you for 4k reads!

"All saints can do miracles, but few of them can keep a hotel" -Mark Twain

Miraculum (adj.)- The adjective miraculous has origins in the Latin word miraculum, meaning "object of wonder." It's often used to describe religious happenings, such as a direct answer to one's prayer.

" It's often used to describe religious happenings, such as a direct answer to one's prayer

Adrianna's POV:

Ares knew.

He knew that I masturbated that day and possibly was there, hearing my name, smelling my arousal as I came down from the high of my euphoria, screaming from an earth shattering orgasm.

Did I scream his name?

Oh no....

"I think I have made myself tremendously clear, Ms. Campbell. You are excused."

I opened and closed my mouth like a fish, not sure what to say in response to save my very last shard of dignity.

Did he figure out that I wanted to sleep with him?

I squinted my eyes as I took in his form, this time, assessing; caressing my gaze over his form.

It was dark, but not enough to hide his magnificent body from me.

I took in his unruly, slightly long jet black hair, different colored eyes that stared right ahead, the black mask that was clasped at the side of his face. His grey dress shirt was unbuttoned and showed a perilous amount of his skin, his chiseled chest teasing me.

My breath hitched as for the very first time I took in his bare form.

From his protruding Adam's apple to his prominent collarbone, travelling a bit further down, his olive skin was lightly dusted with some fine specks of chest hair.

His muscles were bulging, I could make out his defined abs and torso that made my heart stutter and my inner hoe trip. I could run my tongue over them and then some more.

His body was what I would call the epitome of male perfection. No over the top display of veins and muscles, but enough to indicate that he took good care of himself. A vein of his neck popped up, indicating that he was mad.