36: Ephemeral

This chapter is kinda sad.

Here's chocolate bars 🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫 in case you need some support.

Also I use a lot of metaphors and symbolism in my writing. So it's more enjoyable when you notice them :))
_______

"Life is not measured by time. It is measured by moments."

Armin Houman

Ephemeral (adj.)- Short lived

Adrianna's POV:

Adrianna's POV:

"Of course," Archer's voice was barely above a whisper. I made eye contact with the chief, grateful for his consideration and help.

"Thank you," I shot him a small smile, "For everything."

"I wish you a better future, make us proud," He nodded.

A small drop of tear escaped me as I turned to look at Archer. He took my hand and led us through the hall. My eyes roamed around the vast hallway- passing like a blur. My eyes fell on the rows of chairs reserved for the patients.

There used to be a kid with a bald head and turquoise eyes. He would always look at me whenever I visited and give me a smile.

I stopped Archer, tugging at his arm. I walked to the ward boy, my legs shaky.

"Do you... perhaps know the boy that used to sit here?" I gulped down the raucousness that embedded itself into the crevasse of my throat, "Blue eyes, bald head. About five or six years old?"

He fixed his glasses, frowning at me, "Which boy are you talking about, miss?"

"You know the one with bald head, about this tall," I showed him the estimated height of the boy.

"Oh his name was Jaques. He had blood cancer."

My heart dropped at his name being mentioned in the past tense.