Chapter 15 Meeting the 'Rents

Heyy loyal readers! I know I haven't updated in a while, but if y'all haven't seen, I am working on posting a new story. I wrote it last summer, but I just found it. I hope you guys will go check it out, it's called Finding Home. Thanks for reading! Happy reading~! 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<3 

Chapter 15 Meeting the 'Rents 

 Michael’s P.O.V.

            The first few seconds of the car ride to Jessie’s parents’ house was silent. Jessie sat in the seat next to me looking absolutely regal in her tight skirt and loose blouse. She looked like she was about to go to a big executive lunch. No, she looked like Gabby did the day we met.

*Flashback 3 years*

I was sitting at my desk, spinning in the chair because I was too bored to actually work. Mom was gone for lunch with the Red women and I was manning the office by myself. That meant any new clients that came in, I had to talk to.

            I heard my assistant, John, beep me to signify that I had a new client. I nodded my head to him through the glass. Through the door walked Ms. Gabrielle Jones. She was rich, inherited, and skinny as a toothpick. She had long blonde hair that cheerleaders across the globe would kill for. She was wearing a cream pencil skirt, nude heels, a white loose blouse, and a cream colored jacket. She was dressed like she wanted to make a statement. A statement was exactly what she made.

*Present*

            Snapping out of memory lane, I looked over at Jessie again to see that she was watching me. “What are you thinking?” I asked this, hoping that she wouldn’t think of me as a cheesy person to be asking that.

“Just thinking that my parents are going to have a riot over you.” At my confused glance, she went on, “The last guy I brought home was a pot addict who I was working on turning in. Of course, my parents didn’t know that and when he told my parents that we were eloping to Las Vegas, my dad kicked him out of the house and forced me to come to church for a month of Sundays until I promised them to break up with him.” She laughed loudly; I guess she was reminiscing about that memory.

“Were you helping the police catch him?” I knew this sounded stupid, but I saw her nod her head out of the corner of my eye.

“Yeah. I ran a stop sign and the rookie cop that pulled me over ran his mouth about how I looked just like another woman who dated this druggie that they were trying to arrest. I guess I have always been too curious for my own good.” She giggled under her breath and once she sobered she looked over to me.

“Great, I have to compete with a pot head.” I shrugged my shoulders and smiled over to her. Her face lit up all over again, probably because I hardly ever smiled, and when I did I had a purpose.

“Nah.” She looked serious all of a sudden. “Mom will probably want to know when the wedding is, just tell her we haven’t set a date. If she asks anything about weddings actually, just tell her you don’t know anything.” I felt my eyes bulge slightly. What had she already told her parents?

“Okay.” This was drawn out in a question form.

“Seriously, she has a big problem with jumping the gun. If I remember correctly, mom was the one who handcuffed me to my bed when I threatened to run away with Bobby Jenson at seventeen.” She giggled again, but somehow, I knew she was a real feisty woman on the inside. I took her hand and kissed the back of it before rolling it over and kissing her palm. I did this twice before kissing the tip of each of her fingers.