Chapter 16 An Eventful Night

A/N:hey heyy guys! I have got a few extra chappies written. I might post them today, i may not. It just depends. I am looking for a new cover, anyone with cover making skills, can i ask your help? Thanks!x)

★★*★★★★★★★★★★

Chapter 16 An Eventful Night
Jessie's P.O.V. 

After having Angela angrily hang up on me after I told her that we were spending the night, I decided to take a second and calm down before I went back outside. I sat down on the window bench and turned to see out of the floor to ceiling window. It was like de ja vu looking out and seeing my family all together in the back yard. The guys had already started their game and from the looks of it, Michael and Matt were winning. I smiled to myself and did an inventory of the backyard. I looked at Michael’s phone and read the time. I was gone for half an hour and knew there would be questions from my sisters and mother.

I tiptoed down the stairs and out the sliding door. Right outside the door was the cement patio that was covered and three deck tables with six chairs around each. Mom and Dad’s backyard was at least two acres big. There was a wooden privacy fence surrounding the yard and shrubs lined the inside of it. There were the men at the far side of the yard playing football and the kids were still playing on the on the trampoline. I saw where Jenna, Rachal, Mom, and Amy were at the table closest to the grass on the patio. I slipped off my heels next to the door and padded over to the other women barefoot.

“Where did you run off to?” Mom asked this with raised eyebrows and a questioning look.

“I just went upstairs to call Michael’s mom so she knows we won’t be back until tomorrow.” Jenna raised her eyebrows to match moms.

“You live with Michael’s mom?” Jenna sounded surprised and I wished I had called her lately so she wasn’t confused.

“Yes, and she works for the family too.” Mom said this like it was the most important thing in the world. Rachal and Amy had been quiet until this moment. They gasped loudly and daintily covered their mouths with a hand. Rachal leaned forward and whispered, “Jes, you know its not a good idea to mix your work life and personal life.” Her tone came off a little condescending, but I kept my slight temper hidden. She was acting kind of like a snob.

“Yeah,  well it’s different with Michael. I’ve never felt this way before about anyone. He can give me one look and my breath stops or he just gets within a foot of me and my heart jumps.” I stop here, hoping I don’t sound a raging lunatic. I look around to see the four women watching me with knowing looks.

“Hey, Jess, did you call my mom?” Michael jogged over to our table and stopped just a foot from where I was sitting. I looked up at him and smiled. He had a thin sheen of sweat layering his skin. His undershirt was layered in grass and dirt while his hands were even worse.

“Yeah she said it was okay.” I tried to stand up at the same time that he leaned in to kiss me. Our heads collided and I fell backwards into my chair. He stood up straight grabbing his forehead and letting out a few muffled curses.

“Jess, you’re right. I can see why your heartbeat hitched when you’re near him. It’s probably because you keep injuring him.” Jenna said this laughing, but she stood up and ushered Michael inside for an icepack. I dug an ice cube out of my water and gently placed it on my forehead. That would leave a bruise.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<3

Michael’s P.O.V.

I loved Jessie’s family. Her brother Alex was a little skeptical of me at first but once the football game came around, he warmed right up. Her dad was absolutely hilarious. He had jokes for everything and a story in every other sentence. Her brother-in-laws, Matt and John, were basically just her brothers. There was no such thing as an extra title in this family and I loved that. They were excepting and totally open-minded.