Chapter 12 The Telling of Secrets

A/N: Heyy guys! Who is excited about a new update?!? I know I am! I was up writing until midnight(which is not usual for me) to get this finished. I couldn't believe I had that much in my brain! This is actually a pretty long chapter, so ENJOY!!!!   HAppy Reading!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

*Chapter 12 The Telling of Secrets* Jessie's P.O.V.

            It was all I could do the next morning to not scream. I woke up at five in order to get breakfast made by seven. I had already succeeded in stumping both feet, smashing my hand in my bathroom shower door when I realized it was still broken, and hitting my head on my bed frame when I was looking for my other sock under it.

            I wanted to stomp down the stairs and wake up the whole family, but I knew it wasn’t their fault for my bad morning. Last night I had asked Michael to go as my date to my parents’ barbecue and he had declined rudely. Now, I was in a world class crap-load because I had no one else to go with me and I promised my parents I would bring a date.

            I carefully pulled out two skillets, shortening, bacon, turkey bacon, two cartons of eggs, and two different types of bread. I felt as though I were cooking for a party of people, not a family. I pressed the play button on my ipod and plugged both ears with my dance mix of music. It was the only way I would be able to be at least tolerable today.

            I was about fifteen songs in, with half of breakfast finished and the other half cooking when I felt eyes baring into my skin. I stopped swaying my hips and bobbing my head when I turned around to see Michael with an amused smile on his face. I carefully put down the spatula and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear nervously.

“How can I help you, Mr. Radford?” There was a moment when the amused smile dropped at the sound of his last name in a formal tone, but quickly it was replaced by a gentle smile.

“Breakfast. It would be well advised to feed the beast.” He rubbed his belly and just in that second I heard a growl from his abdomen area.

“Dang, you’re good.” I laughed haughtily as he froze in his stance. “What? Did I say something wrong again?” I huffed this out in aggravation. So, my music hadn’t melted away all of my anger, big deal.

“No, but has anyone ever told you that you have an amazing laugh.” His face was serious, and I was afraid of what that meant for my immediate future.

“Nope.” I popped the ‘p’ and smiled. “Well, except you, right now, in this moment.” I couldn’t help but be slightly cheesy. It was a force of habit and you know those things are no good. An awkward silence fell between us and I moved back to the stove to finish breakfast.

“So, I was thinking…” Michael trailed off of with his sentence and I forced myself to stay facing the stove.

“What?” I threw this over my shoulder towards him and I think I caught him off guard.

“Huh?” He sounded confused so I turned around to face him. I was right; he had the most confused look covering his face making it screw up into an ugly distortion.

“What were you thinking?” His face smoothed back out but he kept a frown on his face.

“That I was stupid for last night. I shouldn’t have been so harsh and I definitely shouldn’t have been so mean to you after the shower incident.” He looked down at his hands and then gazed into my eyes. He seemed to be looking for something. My father would call it soul searching, where he was looking for an answer from my body language.