Chapter 7 Dangerous Proximity

A/n: thank you guys for reading!!! This is the chapter where the true fun begins. :D I'm curious to know yalls thoughts on the characters so far. Please comment with what yall think! Thanks!

--------------------------

*Chapter 7 Dangerous Proximity*

An hour later, after arriving home, Michael and I agreed that he would bring in the groceries and I would put them in the cupboard. With only three trips, he finished his side of the agreement and was sitting at the island watching me work.

"So, were you serious about what you said in the store earlier?" He asked this with a cocky smirk plastered to his face. "What do you mean?" I played innocent, hoping to get him to tell me what he was feeling. What ever happened to 'I'm not going to fall for him'? That was only five days ago that I told Angela that.

"I mean-" He jumped off the stool, making his way to me quickly before proceeding, "were you telling me the truth about not being able to get me out of your head?" Michael's voice was husky and his eyes had darkened with desire. He stepped closer until I could feel the electricity igniting between us.

"Depends," I say this in a silky voice, "am I constantly in your head?" My slow southern drawl made his eyebrows raise. He nodded his head and then pulled an arm around my waist to bring me closer. I was flush against him. I could feel our body heat radiating between us. Finally, everything was going my way; dream job, great guy, and a place to live rent free. Just as Michael leaned his head in closer, there was a very male, very deep, clearing of a throat.

(Michael's P.O.V.)

I could feel the warm touch of Jessie's hand on my arm. She was staring into my eyes, almost as if she were searching for something. This woman, she felt perfect in my arms. Her body was a beautiful fit to my own.

As if a bubble were being popped, I saw Will enter the kitchen behind Jessieand clear his throat. She nearly jumped at the sound, but quickly grabbed a bag that had been on the island next to me.

"Well, what are ya'll up to?" Will's knowing tone sunk in and I closed my eyes, rubbing my forehead. Jessie was in continual motion as she finished putting the groceries away.

"Just putting away some groceries. We went to the store and got some great food for dinner. How would you feel about steak tonight? I was thinking steak ans baked potatoes." Jessie's nervous ramble trailed off when Will raised his eyebrows in a 'bullshit' kind of way. I pulled the last slice of the Oreo Cream Pie out pf the fridge and Jessie handed me a fork. As soon as our fingers touched, she snapped her hand away from the fork.

Will left the kitchen when nothing exciting happened, and Jessie scooted over to where I was sitting at the island. She took my fork away and put a small piece of pie on it before raising it slowly to her lips. I watched as her eyes closed in sheer delicious pleasure. She just didn't know how much I wanted to be the one who made her look like that. When she opened her eyes and saw me staring, hungrily, she slowly took another piece of pie, but this time, she raised the fork to my lips. I opened them, cautious, and kept eye contact with her as she fed me the pie. Who knew Jessie could be so sensual? This was definitely a side of her I wanted to explore more of.

Just then, we heard the front door to the house open and my mother yelled, "Jessie!" It sounded like one of those calls you would use for your dog. I didn't like it at all.

"Yes!" Jessie yelled this back and stood up, walking over the fridge and opening the door.

"Darling, it is almost two o'clock. Where is lunch?" Mother asked this with a satisfied smirk on her face.

"Um, Michael and I just got back from the store. I was just about to start on some grilled chicken sandwiches." She made this believable by pulling out the pre-made grilled chicken and mozzarella cheese.

"Michael, I need to speak to Jessie alone please." I smiled to mother and bid a polite goodbye to Jessie. I really wish I didn't have to leave her alone. I know how my mother can get.

(Jessie's P.O.V.)

"I had lunch with Gabby, so I don't need anything to eat." Angela said this and I guess my eyes bulged out of my head. She did what?!?

"I spoke to her about not speaking to Michael and to keepin mind of his restraining order." I relaxed a little at these words. Michael had a restraining order on her? What happened?

"Okay..." I trailed off before I remembered what I was going to ask. "Angela, what happened between them?" We were sitting at the island and Michael was up stairs giving Will some medicine before going to pick up the boys.

"They were only married a year before Michael realized she only wanted him for my money and his looks. She was using him as arm candy at parties and showing him off to her girlfriends. Finally, he realized what she was doing and decided he didn't want to be a part of that." She said this with a very low voice.

"So why does she keep to see him?" I couldn't stop the question from coming out. I wanted to know the whole story.

"She thinks she can rekindle things between them if he sees that she has 'changed'. The only changed part of that girl is her approach. I remember the first time, she broke his window with a rock and climbed up to his second floor room in four inch stilettos." Angela kind of chuckled at this. I followed suit even though I didn't think it was humorous. I thought it was VERY desperate. He can't be the only rich, single, hunk, right?

A/n: hey guys! Yall should feel special! Two updates in one day! I know...u love me:)