Chapter 13 Fighting for...Everything

A/N: Heyy guys! I know it has only been a few days since my last upload, but I'm really on a kick with this book!:) yay!! SO here is chapter 13, hopefully I can post 14 in a few days. I never thought this story would ever get this far. I love my readers! Thanks for sticking with me!:D

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<3

Chapter 13 Fighter for...Everything

Jessie's P.O.V.

                Lunch with Michael was better than I expected it to be. He told me about his father. I knew it was hard for him to talk about such a personal thing, but I was glad he decided to trust in me enough to tell me this. When I was having my problems a few years ago, it would have been nice to have someone I could talk to without bias.

                We had already finished lunch and came inside when Angela came out of her office. We had been holding hands, but at the sound of her door opening, quickly dropped them and took to separate parts of the room. I began talking to Michael about how lovely the water is and how nice it was to sit out on a blanket alone and eat lunch.

“Jessie!” Angela yelled this storming into the kitchen. She stopped in her tracks when she saw Michael and me in the same room together.

“Yes ma’am.” She put down the basket on the island and the blanket on a chair.

“What is going on here?” She had a mad look on her face and I swallowed loudly. Crap, she figured us out.

“Jessie was just telling me about her lunch out by the pond.” Michael said this smiling and nodding over to me. All traces of the lunch we shared were gone. We were the only ones who knew about it.

“Well, as nice as that sounds, you have work to do. I need two hundred chicken salad sandwiches by tonight. And as far as dinner tonight, just forget about it. You will be too busy with the sandwiches to bother with it. I can send Ross out for some take out.” She pushed a paper with the order and a picture on it into my hands.

“Yes ma’am.” I nodded my head as Angela left the room with a frown. Michael came over to my side of the kitchen and pulled me close. Tingles ran up and down my body everywhere we touched.

“That was close. We need to be more careful.” He whispered this in my ear and my eyes closed. What was I doing sneaking around with a rich boy? Was I crazy or just delusional? If Angela found out and fired me, I would never get another job in this part of the state as a personal chef. I forced myself to nod my head and pull away from him. My body instantly got cold and I wished I could be back in his arms.

“Michael, what is going to happen if we get caught? I can’t afford to lose you, much less this job.” I stopped and watched his eyes turn to worry.

“We will get through this together.” He kissed my forehead, but pulled back when his phone rang. He took two large steps away from me, and then opened the phone.

“Hello?” He sounded curious, but I turned away and acted like I wasn’t listening.

“Yes sir…Yes sir, I understand…No sir, and I will be up there in just a moment.” He snapped the phone shut then turned to look at me.

“Mets got in a fight; I have to go talk to the principal. I will be back.” Michael pecked a quick kiss on my forehead, and then walked quickly out to the family SUV.

Michael’s P.O.V.

                I pushed the front door to the school open. Ross was sitting in the first chair in the office with his head stuck in a drawing book and a sketching pencil poised over the paper. His beanie covered head jumped up to look at me. He snapped the sketch book closed and stood up. He looked like any other artsy guy. A black beanie covered his short brown hair, a small piercing in his ear, charcoal gray eyes, a tight fitted t-shirt, and a pair of light gray skinny jeans. It helps that he is crazy skinny which makes him a great running back in football.