Chapter 17 Hateful Words

Hey readers! Sorry about the update being a day or two late. I had my bestie over for the weekend and I don't like to be on the laptop when I have a guest over. Anywho, here it is! Chapter 17! I hope yall like it!:) HAPPY READING!!! 

***************************************

Chapter 17 Hateful Words 

Jessie’s P.O.V.

I rolled over to feel warmth next to me. Not just any warmth, but manly bodily warmth. I peeked an eye open to see Michael’s bare chest and his rumpled, bed-mused, dirty blonde hair. He looked sexy to say the least.

“Good morning, beautiful.” Michael rose up on an elbow to get a better look at me. He had a coy grin playing on his lips.

“Good morning, handsome.” I smiled and began to sit up before I realized I was naked. All too suddenly, I remembered the events of the night before. Whipped cream…clothes scattered around the floor…candles on the bedside. He had been a gentleman for sure. I smiled happily before scouring the floor to find his button up shirt lying halfway off the bed. I snatched it up  and quickly slipped it around my torso. I only let Michael have a second to glance at my bare breasts.

As if the whole room disappeared, he gave me a look filled with love. There wasn’t a single regret etched into his perfect eyes. Before either of us could move a muscle, our door opened and a little girl scream came from Jenna’s daughter, Carrie, who ran over to me and hugged me tight. Thankfully, I had already buttoned the shirt. Michael took this moment while Carrie’s eyes were covered, to throw on the jeans I had found for him to wear. Jenna came waddling through my open door calling for Carrie to come to her.

“Oh, hey Jess. Thanks for catching her. I was trying to give her some vitamins.” Jenna said this almost out of breath.  She must have been working overtime to get up the stairs. I bent down to look Carrie in her eyes.

“Carrie, did you run away from Mommy?” I watched Carrie nod her head shyly. I tsked at her and watched as her head lowered even more. I tweaked her nose and sent her back to Jenna with a light pat on her bottom. Michael was standing off to the side with a small smile on his face.

“Mom said breakfast is ready.” Jen smiled and left the room with her daughter in tow.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<3

An hour later, Michael and I were showered, dressed, and sitting at the table. He was happily eating my mom’s chocolate chip pancakes and bacon. I was devouring the same, but mine was drowning in syrup whereas his were dry. Mom and Dad were talking about how Christmas was only two months away. They were considering doing a Thanksgiing dinner and Christmas dinner too. Michael and I both promised to come to both.

After breakfast, we packed up the few things we brought and said goodbye to everyone before jumping in my car. We still had a three hour drive ahead of us.

Michael’s P.O.V.

Jessie drove as we wound through unfamiliar lands. We had only been in the car for half an hour, but it was silent except for two things, a) the near non-existant hum of the car and b) the radio that was softly playing in the background. I was re-playing the football game, wondering where Jessie had been in the beginning of it. I had looked over right before we started and she had disappeared. I decided to ask her.

“Hey Jess, what happened to you in the beginning of the football game last night. I looked over and didn’t see you.” I looked over to her to see her eyebrows raise, and then furrow in thought. That was an absolutely adorable habit of hers.