Chapter 2

One year later:

"AAAAHHHHH" is all that can be heard as the culprits flee the scene. "Omg did you see their faces" laughs Bree as she continues to run alongside the twins. "I know they were all 'oh no my hair is green'" George cackles but suddenly stops when hearing familiar footsteps coming in their direction. "McGonagall, run" the three exclaim before splitting off in seperate directions. Bree takes many turns before suddenly colliding with a hard chest. Looking up she recognizes a familiar face making her sigh in relief. "What trouble are you in this time?" questions Charlie in amusement while staring down at his close friend. A few months into her first year he found her reading a book about dragons and discovered they both shared an interest in them which instantly started them off on long conversations and a blooming friendship. "Trouble me, ha your only in trouble if you get caught. Speaking off, hide me" the young blonde begged with her hands clasped together. Charlie chuckled at her and was about to retort until they heard the familiar footsteps of McGonagall echoing through the corridors. Charlie acts quickly by grabbing her hand and pulling her into a supply closet conveniently to his right. Closing the door behind them, he gently places his hand over her mouth while looking into her eyes to keep her silent. She stares back in complete awe never realising how many different shades of brown his eyes held. His hair resembling fire glowed slightly from the thin stream of light entering from the crack in the door.  There they stand in a storage closet observing each other and noticing things they hadn't before when suddenly the door is thrown open making them jump. "My office now" is all McGonagall says making the two surprised teens jump into action and follow her to her office. "I already know it was you and the twins causing chaos for the Slytherins this morning, mind telling me where they are" McGonagall speaks in a stern tone along with her eyebrow being raised. "The Slytherins or the twins" asks Bree trying to play dumb even though she knew the older woman wouldnt fall for it. "You know perfectly well who im talking about" states McGonagall narrowing her eyes. "Oh the twins, well professor your going to have to be a bit more specific cause i know a lot of twins" that was a lie but Bree just wanted to buy the twins a bit more time. On the other hand Charlie was trying very hard not to laugh at this exchange seeing how McGonagall was clearly not amused and getting quite frustrated while Bree was trying to look as innocent as possible. "Enough ill find them later, Charlie why were you in a closet with her?" the green robed professor asked in an inqusitive fashion. Charlie manages to keep a straight face while replying "oh you know just thought we would go for an adventure see if we could find any magic brooms in there". Now it was Brees turn to try and hide her giggles as she turns her head to the side and covers her mouth making Charlie glance at her with a smile. McGonagall notices this exchange and smiles to herself already seeing that these two will be more in the future. "Ms Tonks you will have detention tomorrow at 7 with Snape by cleaning the cauldrons and Charlie your head boy, you should be setting an example. If i catch you again in the same position you will also be given a detention" the professor informs the two making them nod their heads. 

She gives them permission to leave which they do with smiles on their faces finding the situation very amusing even to Bree who dreaded having to spent an evening with Snape. "Thank you for trying to hide me" says Bree once the duo reach her house entrance. Charlie bows while saying in a posh voice "it was my pleasure Ms Tonks". The blonde giggles at his antics before returning a curtsy. Calming their giggles they stand there and stare at each other for a minute neither one wanting to break each others gaze and also not realising that a certain pair of twins were watching from the around the corner with matching mischevious grins. "Goodnight Charlie" Bree finally manages to say before hesitantly pecking his right cheek making both teens turn crimson. "Goodnight Bree" Charlie replies just as she walks past him and heads inside. 

The next morning the twins sat across from Bree at the Hufflepuff table for breakfast making her narrow her eyes at them in suspicion. "Your awfully cheery this morning" states Fred with a grin "and we know why" continues Georges with a matching grin. "I have no idea what your talking about" Bree replies trying to brush them off while taking a sip from her orange juice. "You have a crush on our brother" state the twins bluntly causing Bree to choke on her drink. She coughs for a minute before meeting their gaze "what makes you say that?". "We saw you kiss his cheek last night" they reply along with their ever growing grins. "T- that w- was just a f- friendly gesture" Bree manages to stutter out but it doesnt sway the twins although before they can say anymore the subject of conversation takes a seat on Brees left. "Morning Charlie" greets the three ignoring the looks the Hufflepuff table are giving him and his brothers for being Gryffindors at their table. Brees already red cheeks darken at the sight of the red head causing the twins to snicker in amusement. "Are you alright Bree? you look like you have a fever" asks Charlie concerned as he presses his palm to her forhead causing her cheeks to turn impossibly darker while the twins cackle across from her. "Do you know what i just remembered i have to go do something bye" Bree exclaims rather quickly while jumping up from her seat, nearly falling over and running out the great hall.  Charlie looks over at his brothers confused who were laughing hysterically causing others to glance at them in confusion. "Was it something i said?" questioned Charlie only causing the twins to laugh harder. 

From the staff table professors Sprout, McGonagall and headmaster Dumbledore had observed the interaction with great amusement. "Thats an interesting pair" observes professor Sprout. "Hmmm but i feel they will do great things together" remarks Dumbledore in his all knowing tone of voice.