Chapter 17

"It felt so weird last night not having you in our dorm" Abbey reveals to her friend the next morning as they made their way towards the great hall for breakfast. "It was weird for me too" agrees Bree whilest glancing around at the other students around them and noticing how she kept being stared at. Lowering her head closer to her best friends she whispers "is it just me or is everyone staring?". "They are and they have been doing the same thing to Harry" states Abbey sympathetically just as they reach the entrance to the hall. "Great first the ministry giving us hassle, then the prophet and now its like we are in an observation box" Bree sarcastically says with a scowl. The blonde then takes notice of Harry's tense form sitting at the Gryffindor table with Hermione and Ron and nudges Abbey in the arm. Once Abbey looks at her in confusion she gestures her head in Harrys direction before walking over to him with Abbey following along behind her. 

"Alright Harry?" She speaks up once they reach him and take a seat beside him. "Fine" is his quiet emotionless reply gaining a raise of an eyebrow from the blonde as she glances over at Ron and Hermione questioningly. Hermione shrugs whilest Ron mouths 'fight with Seamus last night'. Bree nods in understanding having a small idea what the fight was about. "Look Harry i know what your going through, im getting the same treatment. You have people around you who want to help and listen when you need someone to talk to. Ignore all the twats and just promise me you won't try to push any of us away. We need our friends more than ever this year" she pleads with him, not wanting for him to go through this hard time by himself. Slowly the bespectacled boy turns his head towards her and gives a nod with a small forced smile. Knowing thats all she will be able to get from him at the moment, Bree gives him a quick hug then leaves with Abbey to their house table so they could have their breakfast and get their schedules. "Morning sis" Abbey greets her little sister with a ruffle of her hair making the girl pout. "Good morning Abbey" grumbles Lily as she tries to fix her now messy hair. "How did you sleep last night, did you make any friends?" Bree asks the young Hufflepuff kindly. "I slept well and talked to a few people but i haven't made any actual friends yet" Lily replies with a small frown as she moves her eggs round her plate. "Don't worry little badger, theres plenty of time to make friends. It doesn't always happen straight away" Abbey gently reassures her sister with a side hug for comfort. "Who knows maybe your future friends are in a different house and you might meet them today in your classes" Bree points out as their head of house begins to hand out their time tables. "Maybe" mutters Lily with a bit more hope. "Good morning girls" professor Sprout greets the three happily. "Morning professor" the three reply in sync with smiles as she hands each of them their designated time table. "Bree its good to see you dear, how are you?" Sprout asks her student in concern. "Im alright professor thanks for asking" smiles Bree appreciatively. "Glad to hear it, although if you need anything dear come and find me" her head of house states kindly before moving further along the table to hand out the rest of the time tables. "No no no no no no" Abbey rushes out as she glances down at her time table, gaining Lily and Brees attention as they look at her curiously. "Whats wrong?" the youngest Tonks asks her in concern. "Look at your timetable" is Abbeys only reply causing Bree to pick up said piece of paper and glance through Mondays section only to also groan and slam her head down onto the table in front of her. "My thoughts exactly, i mean what are the odds we have the hideous pink toad first thing in the morning" exclaims Abbey along with a sigh just as Fred, George, Lee and Angelina take a seat across from them. "Bad luck thats what the odds are" Fred states towards Abbey. "Truly bad luck" agrees George with a nod of his head. "Don't worry you will have the four of us in that class too so it shouldn't be all bad" Angelina says trying to look on the bright side of things. "Yeah i guess it isn't all bad" Bree states optimistically before slightly frowning at the sinking feeling she feels in her stomach "but then why do i have a bad feeling". "Stomach bug" shrugs Lee not being helpful in the slightest. "Come on we better get going" Abbey suggests as she begins to stand up and leave with the group following her closely, unaware of just how bad this teachers prescence would be for the school.