Chapter 23

"Bree wake up. Wake up dear" Bree hears a female voice instruct her whilest gently shaking her shoulder, pulling her from the first peaceful sleep she's had in months. The blonde opens her eyes and slowly sits up with a groan seeing her head of house standing next to her bed with a worried and concerned look on her face. Bree becomes much more awake from noticing the look on her professors face leading her to quickly ask "what is it? What's wrong?". "Something has happened with Harry and Mr Weasley dear. Harry is asking for you" Sprout informs her student quickly ushering her out of bed. Bree does as she's told grabbing her dressing gown on the way out of the room as she follows along behind her professor. Adrian appears in the doorway from his room tiredly rubbing his eyes as he does so "what's going on?". "No time to explain but i might need your help in distrating Umbridge" the older woman requests of Adrian. The head boy nods with a confused look but none the less grabs his own dressing gown and follows along behind them. Gracie meows in confusion behind her owner after being woken up from where she slept at the bottom of the bed. "Stay here girl" Bree instructs her companion before she completely leaves the dorm, the door shutting behind her. Both students and professor briskly make their way through the corridors, keeping a weary eye out for Umbridge along the way.

Finally they reach the statue that guards Dumbledores office with Sprout instantly giving the password, allowing Bree to ride the steps up to the next floor while they do there best to distract Umbridge. The young Hufflepuff politely knocks on the door of Dumbledores office hearing the headmasters voice call out 'come in'. She does so before closing the door behind her allowing her to notice how Harry and the Weasley children were also in the room. Harry quickly moves over to hug her tightly for comfort letting her feel how much he was shaking in her hold. "Hey, ssh ssh it's alright" she directs at him soothingly before looking at the headmaster "what's happened?". "Arthur Weasley has been attacked, Harry had a vision about it" he explains to her before moving back to talking to the portraits like he was before she came in. Now she understands why Harry was so terrified, anyone would be after seeing something like that. "He has been sent to St. Mungo's hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries. I am sending you back to Sirius' house, which is much more convenient than the hospital or the Burrow. Your mother will meet you there" he explains to the group before directing the last bit at the Weasley children. "How're we going? Floo powder?" Fred questioned who was holding a shaking Ginny tightly to himself. "No" Dumbledore states "the network is being watched. You will take a portkey" the headmaster says whilest gesturing to an innocent looking kettle on his desk. "We are just waiting for Phineus Nigellus to report back, i wish to be sure the coast is clear before sending you-" a flash of flames appears in the room leaving behind a single golden feather in it's wake. "It's Fawkes warning. She must know your out of bed. Quick, Mcgonagall, Sprout and Pucey can only hold her off for so long". With that said they all quickly gathered round the kettle and placed a finger each on its cold surface. Bree only had a few seconds to look round at their fearful faces and to wish Arthur will be alright before they were whisked away from Dumbledores office. 

Once they all arrived at Grimauld place Harry was asked to explain his dream again so everyone could try and understand what happened. Once that had been done they all took a seat in the dining room, impatiently waiting for any news. "Is mum here?" Fred asks Sirius to brake the silence around them. "She probably doesn't even know what's happened yet" Sirius answers him moving to give his cousin and Harry a brief hug before taking his seat at the table. The twins then proceeded to argue with Sirius on why they should be able to go to St. Mungo's to see their dad. Sirius brought up a lot of good and valuable points on why they shouldn't which led to them insulting Sirius. Bree wouldn't stand for it and had enough of there argument as she stood up from where she sat at the end of the table. "Oi! Theres no need for that. I understand you're scared and worried for him but this is no time for arguing. It won't solve anything. We have to wait for any news to be delivered and for your mother to arrive before we can decide on our next course of action" she angrily tells them at the start before sympathizing with them and gaining a level head at the end. 

The twins calm down slightly after that and sit by Ginny to offer her some comfort while Sirius summons butterbeer for all of them to drink in the mean time. The room held a somber quietness to it as they waited for any news until Molly finally arrived a few hours later. She was pale and shaking when she arrived but quickly reassured them all that Arthur would be alright and that Bill was with him right now. They all instantly relax at the good news with Sirius moving to make breakfast for all of them, knowing they would most likely be hungry now that they knew everything would be fine. 

A thought then struck Bree as she asked "has anyone told Charlie?". "Oh no we were so worried about what happend we forgot to send him a letter" realises Molly regretfully, thinking of her second oldest. "Its ok Molly I'll do it" Bree reassures the Weasley matriarch about to stand up from her seat and head to the girls room to get some paper, ink and a quil when Sirius stopped her. "No stay there, it can wait. Arthur is fine you need to eat something first" he states begining to pass around breakfast to everyone. "But-" Bree tries to protest only for the words to die in her throat from the look Sirius gives her. Knowing she wasn't going to win and not wanting to start another argument, she stays quiet and eats her food. 

Entering the girls room the blonde finds what she needs in no time and begins to write out her letter to her boyfriend whilest sitting on the bed she used throughout the summer. 

Dear Charlie,

im afraid this letter isn't a great one but i hope your worry will be eased by the end of it. While we were all sleeping at school Harry had a vision of your dad being attacked by a snake whilest on duty for work. We were all portkeyed to Padfoots where Molly arrived a few hours later telling us that he was going to be alright and that Bill was left to watch over him. Im sorry this happened to him and im sorry you have to receive such unfortunate news but we should all be very thankful he made it out alive. Im sure after you receive this you will want to come straight here so i will see you soon.

Love Bree.

With a troubled sigh she reads it over one more time before heading back down stairs where one of the owls Sirius was borrowing sat. "Could you take this to Charlie for me please?" Bree requests of the owl kindly. She gains a deep hoot in reply from the clever creature before it takes the note in its beak and flies off out the window.