Chapter 28

Harry had been dragged up to Dumbledore's office along with Cho and once he was able to return back to the common room he informed his anxious friends about Dumbledore's escape. They were happy that he got away and wouldn't be sent to Azkaban but hated the fact that Umbridge has now been made headmistress. She wasted no time in using that power to completely change Hogwarts. Filch was made take down all the portraits and intercoms were placed everywhere in the school. They would play her voice 24/7 stating all the rules that she had created to stop them doing basically anything. Hogwarts had truly become a dark and miserable place. 

The night after her detention with the rest of the D.A, Bree could be found sitting in her room talking to Charlie using her dragon bracelet. "She has given the whole D.A detention and the scar on my hand has become a deep wound again" she just finished telling him about all the new developments at the school. Her thumb gently ghosted over the bandaged wound on her hand remembering the first day she got it in the detention. "Please let me run up to the castle as your knight in shining armor. I'll even bring a Chinese fireball for a walk with me" Charlie's voice tries to persuade her from the glowing yellow gem. "A walk you say? Is that what we are calling 'accidental' murder now?" Bree tease him with a grin. "Who said anything about accidental murder? Robert loves going on walks. You should see how excited he gets, like a little puppy" Charlie says trying to hide the fact that she was right about his real intentions. "Mhm whatever you say" Bree responds with complete disbelief in her tone. "I haven't got that long left Charlie and I really want to finish my last school year, no matter how gloomy and dull it is" Bree tells him in all seriousness. She hears him sigh through the gem "I know love, I just hate that you have to go through all this and I wish I could do something about it". "Well your love and support is enough at the moment" she says to him with a smile in her voice. "You will always have it" he promises her making her smile grow wider. "I would love to speak to you longer but Fred and George want to talk to me. I'll talk to you later" Bree tells him with a small pout. "Alright love, stay out of trouble" Charlie responds sweetly. Bree scoffs "do you know me at all?". "I do, that's why I'm saying it" Charlie states with a grin in his voice. Bree laughs "I love you, talk to you soon". "Love you too, bye love" Charlie returns just before her yellow gem stops glowing. 

Hopping off the bed she makes her way towards her bedroom door hearing Gracie meow behind her. "Stay here girl" she instructs before entering the living room of her dorm to see Adrian sitting and reading in front of the fireplace. He looks up from his book at the sound of her door closing "where are you off to?". "Fred and George want to talk to me about something" she answers him on her way to the main door. "Just make sure you're back before curfew" Adrian advises her. "Will do" she responds just before the door completely shuts behind her. 

Bree finds them comforting a Gryffindor boy and Lily, both of whom were crying and holding their hands. She gasps in concern and quickly rushes over to help comfort them. "What happened?" She asks Fred and George once she's kneeling in front of the two first years. "Umbridge" they state in sync right as Lily leans forward to quietly cry into Bree's shoulder. "Ssssh it's alright sweetie, the pain will stop soon" Bree tries to soothe her best friends little sister. "She's right and it fades over time too" George reassures both children. "See, mine is already fading" Fred proves it by showing his hand to the two of them. The youngest Tonks catches sight of Harry walking towards them just as a familiar fake cough is heard. Lily flinches back into the wall from the sound making Bree scowl while getting to her feet to stand between the twins, in front of the children. Umbridge stood under an archway with her usual sickly sweet smile looking very smug. "As I told you before Mr. Potter, naughty children deserve to be punished" Umbridge addresses the dark haired boy before turning and walking away. "I'm honestly debating whether to let Charlie come to the school with a dragon" Bree comments getting Snickers from Fred and George. "You know George, I've always felt our futures lay outside the world of academic achievement" Fred comments towards his twin. "Fred I've been thinking exactly the same thing" George agrees with his twin. "On that note, we need to have a little chat with you" Fred tells Bree looking down at her. "Right you are, so let's get these young ones to bed and have that chat" George suggests.

They first lead Lily back to the Hufflepuff common room then led Michael back to Gryffindor where the three sat in front of the fire to talk. "So what did you want to tell me?" Bree ask them with clear confusion on her face. "We're leaving tomorrow" Fred states not wanting to beat around the bush making her eyes widen. "We got the premises we wanted for our shop so there's no need for us to stay" George explains their reasoning. "All we need is a couple months to get it set up and we will finally have the business we have been dreaming of" Fred further explains with an excited twinkle in his eyes. They both look towards their silently shocked friend feeling very nervous for how she will react. She was there very best friend and her opinion meant a lot to them. They would miss her a lot and knew they they wouldn't be able to see her as much as they could in school but this is what they wanted to do. Bree silently stands up from the couch, walks over to stand in front of them and pulls them up into a tight hug. "I'm so happy for you both and I wish you luck. I know your shop is going to be amazing" she proudly tells them with a tearful smile. "Then what's with the tears?" They ask her, lifting their hands up to rub the small amount of tears off her cheeks. "I'm just gonna miss you both, that's all. I'm not gonna see you everyday like I have for the past 7 years" she explains. Her response makes them pull her in tight to hug her between them again. "We will miss you too" Fred tells her honestly with a small smile. "You have to promise you will be there for our open day" George insists with his own smile. Bree nods her head "of course I will, wouldn't miss it for the world".

Bree was waiting outside the Great Hall where the fifth years were doing their owls, keeping an eye out for the twin's plan. Although she had to quickly hide behind one of the pillars when the doors suddenly opened and Umbridge walked out. The pink puff looked around in confusion until a small firework flickered in front of her face. It then shot into the Great Hall and exploded into a range of colours. Umbridge takes a few steps forward and looks down the corridor for the culprit. Within seconds Fred and George fly into the Great Hall on their brooms and throw fireworks from their shoulder bags. All the students cheer in delight throwing their papers in the air while Umbridge stares in horror. A large grin rests on Bree's face as she watches the scene before her. It truly was an amazing sight. She even burst out laughing when Draco and his follows were chased by the fireworks but what really made her day was the firework dragon that chased Umbridge. The way she struggled to run away from it with a scared expression honestly caused Bree to almost die of laughter. "Thank you!" She shouted up towards the twins who threw her an over exaggerated kiss which she pretended to swoon over. The dragon even exploded once it caught Umbridge and destroyed all her stupid decrees. Bree knows this will be one of her favourite memories for the rest of her life. 

The twins then fly out of the school and into the sky leaving a big W in their wake. All the students had rushed into the courtyard to cheer them on with Bree grinning proudly at their disappearing forms. She knew they would do amazing things and she couldn't wait to see it. Her moment of pride was ruined however when she seen Harry fall to the ground. She quickly rushed over to his side and placed a gentle hand on his shoulder "Harry, what's the matter?". "Sirius!" he manages gasp out.