Chapter 25

It was about a week later when the Christmas holidays had finally began for the students. The Weasley family had gotten the chance to visit Mr. Weasley in that time and were relieved to see that he was doing really well. Although he began to look slightly pale when Molly confronted him about his new bandages only to find out that one of the healers was testing out a muggle remedy on him. Bree, Harry and the rest of of the Weasley children quickly took their chance to flee the room when they noticed a familiar look in Molly's eyes. She wasn't happy and she was gearing up for a rant. 

However they all received a welcome surprise this morning when Hermione arrived at headquarters. "What are you doing here?" Bree managed to speak up over her surprise as she pulled the younger witch into a warm hug "you were supposed to be going skiing with your family". "I know but i couldn't go after hearing about what happened, i was too worried. Also i brought someone for you" Hermione states with a smile gaining a look of confusion from Bree. Reaching into her bag she pulls out a familiar looking cat. Bree beams at the sight of her along with her hair turning a bright happy yellow. "Gracie" she exclaims joyfully, reaching out to take her into her own hands for an overdue cuddle. The kitten purred in content from being reunited with her owner. She had missed her greatly. "Adrian took care of her for you and he also said you owe him one. He has a few battle sratches from her" Hermione informs her with a chuckle. Bree rolls her eyes at the predictable message from the Slytherin "im honestly not surprised". "Harry is upstairs if you want to see him along with Ron and Ginny" Bree continues informing Hermione once she noticed her looking around, seeming to be searching for something. "Have they been up there all day?" Hermione questions the older witch curiously. Bree shook her head "only Harry has. He stays up in his room most days ever since what happened to Mr. Weasley. We think he blames himself which he shouldn't because it wasn't his fault at all. Maybe you can talk some sense into him". "I'll deffinetly try but he can be stubborn sometimes" Hermione states with a sigh before quickly heading upstairs leaving Bree to head into the kitchen. "Good morning Bree" Sirius greets the young witch with a smile from where he stands at the counter making tea "tea?". "Yes please" she politely accepts while taking a seat at the dining room table. "Did Charlie leave this morning?" Sirius begins to strike up a conversation with her as he also takes a seat at the table across from her and gives one of the cups of tea to her. "Yes he said he wanted to make up the time he lost at work but he will be back Christmas day and stay till new year's" Bree answers him with a smile whilest taking a sip of her hot tea, humming in content. Gracie takes that moment to hop onto the table and strut over to Sirius who gives her the rubs she was craving. "Seems she has taken a liking to you, im surprised. I thought she would be hissing and spitting at you" Bree teases him pulling a laugh out of him as he continues stroking a purring Gracie. "I might turn into a dog but i do still get along with cats" he informs her with a grin. However it quickly falls as he releases a tired sigh. "You're worried about Harry arn't you" Bree knowingly states. "I hate that he thinks its his fault about what happened and i hate that he has had to go through so much" Sirius confides in her. These thoughts had been eating away at him for a while and he felt like if he didn't speak to someone he might burst. "I know it's not fair to him, none of us think it is but he's incredibly brave and strong. Not just anyone can go through all that he has and come out relatively alright. I'm actually surprised he hasn't broke down before now but he's lucky because he has good people round him to care about him and support him. He has Hermione and all the Weasleys, the order, his teachers, even us. I know he will make it through this because i believe in him just like everyone else" Bree finishes her heartfelt speech. 

Sirius feels his worry lessen slightly and his heart become a little lighter from her words. He was lucky himself to have a cousin like her just as Harry was lucky to have her as a friend. He knew she woulddo greatthings some day. He could feel it in his soul. "Thank you Bree" he gratefully tells her with a small smile. She gives him a smile of her own before standing up from her seat and walking round to his side of the table. By the time she made it round Sirius was already standing from his chair making it easier for her to wrap her arms around him in a tight hug. "Everything will be ok. We just have to have hope" she whispers in his ear resulting in him holding her that little bit tighter to show her how grateful he was for her reassuring words. Little did they know that Harry had been listening from just outside the door and her words had also helped him slightly. Not by much but it was better than nothing and it gave him the push he needed to head back up stairs and catch up with his friends properly. 

(I know its short but i just wanted to publish something for you guys and also to show how good of a family relationship Sirius and Bree have. Hope you like it).