Chapter 21

"She did what?!" Bree exclaims loudly at breakfast a few days later gaining strange looks from some of the other students in the hall. "She banned us from playing quidditch" repeats Harry with anger and sadness in his tone. The twins don't even try to explain it to her as they continue to stare down at their half empty plates feeling depressed. "Im not saying what she did was right and im not saying he didn't deserve it but you guys did go a bit overboard" Abbey tells them calmly hoping they wouldn't bite her head off. "She didn't need to ban them though. She should have at least given them a warning and detention" Lee speaks up in defence of his friends. "I wasn't there so i can't really give my opinion on the matter but Lee, there's no need to get defensive. Abbey did say she didn't agree with the punishment" Bree points out getting him to calm down before they continue the conversation. "Did you get the sleep you missed out on with your nap during the match?" Abbey asks her friend in concern making their group look over at Bree and worriedly notice her dark bags had returned slightly. Bree rubs her exhausted eyes with a yawn before answering "i caught a few hours but i was still tired afterwards". "Not to add fuel to the fire or anything but now i have to hold try outs for two new beaters and a seeker" Angelina informs them in a stressed out tone. This gained her three matching glares from the banned quidditch players for giving them another reminder of how they messed up. "Shes taking over everything. The only ones who don't suffer are the Slytherins" Hermione points out gaining grumbles of agreement from the group. "Look on the bright side, we meet our first phoenix today" Bree tries to bust their spirits up using the codeword to remind her friends of their first DA meeting today. This seemed to quickly bring smiles to everyones faces at just the thought of things to come once their lessons were over and done with. 

Later that evening, the twins, Bree, Angelina, Adrian and Lee were standing in the seventh floor corridor thinking of a place to practice just as Harry had told them to do. Not even a minute later a big set of double doors appeared with black iron detailing covering every inch of it. The group smiled at each other before moving forward to push it open, revealing a large room with a fireplace, multiple pillows, bookshelves of defence books and testing dummies. "It's bizarre. We once hid from Filch in here, remember George, Bree? It was only a broom cupboard then" Fred reminds them as they look around the room in awe. "Thats why it seemed familiar" realises Bree with a snap of her fingers while they go and join there fellow DA members who were sitting on pillows in a circle on the floor. Some of them looked at Adrian strangely or with suspicious glares but one dark look from Bree and they quickly moved their attention else where.

Harry stood in front of them nervously fiddling with his hands before beginning to speak "Right, shall we get started practicing then? I was thinking the first thing we should do is Expalliarmus, the disarming charm. I know it's pretty basic but I've found it really useful-". "Oh please" scoffs Zacharias in disbelief causing anger to bubble up inside of Bree "i don't think Expelliarmus is going to help us against You-Know-Who, do you?". "Please let me hit him" mutters Bree with clenched fists and her hair slowly turning red leading Adrian and Lee to quickly hold her down from either side of her. "I've used it against him" states Harry quickly causing the Hufflepuff to go quiet "it saved my life last June but if you think it's beneath you, you can leave". Not one person moved including the in considerate arguing jerk of a Hufflepuff. "Okay i reckon we should all divide into pairs and practice" Harry instructs the group which do so without complaint. Lee had asked Adrian to be his partner with Abbey asking Bree, Fred and George then paired up leaving Angelina to go with a fellow Gryffindor. "Maybe don't try flicking your wrist too much" Bree suggests towards Abbey after disarming her a good few times. Her best friend nods in acknowledgment of the suggestion and does as she says ending up with her finally disarming Bree. "YES I DID IT, I DID IT!!!!" Abbey cheers loudly whilest doing a happy dance making Bree and the people around her laugh in amusement at the scene before them. Although as this was going on Bree managed to catch sight of a cocky Zacharius constantly disarming his partner and not giving the boy a chance to learn from his mistakes. Having enough of the jerk Hufflepuff she disarms him without anyone noticing leaving him looking very confused. What's even better though was as soon as he had picked up his wand his partner had gotten the hang of the spell and the roles were now reversed. She did her best to hide an amused smile but it ended up being extremely difficult when she noticed just how frustrated Zacharias was becoming. This was some of the best revenge she had ever had the pleasure of witnessing.

A little while later Harry called them all to finish up only just realising they had run over there planned time a bit. The group quickly stopped to gather there belongings before swiftly and carefully leaving the room, keeping an eye out for anyone patrolling the halls. "I saw that earlier" Harry tells Bree just as she had gathered her own belongings and turned to face him. She gave him the most innocent smile she could muster up even though she knew he would see right through it "why i have no idea what you are talking about Harry". The dark haired boy only raises an eyebrow at her with a roll of his eyes as she throws an arm over his shoulders and begins to lead him out of the now empty room. "So, a little birdy told me that someone has a crush" Bree teasingly states, enjoying how Harrys face instantly turns beat red as he tries to avoid looking at her. "Possibly" he mutters in response feeling like he wanted to dig a hole in the floor and hide in it when he reiceves a happy cooe from the blonde. "This is just too cute and adorable, i can't handle it" she beams at him trying to hold back a happy squeal as to not alert anyone in the corridors to their prescence. "Don't you dare tell anyone else" orders Harry with a threatening finger pointed right at her. She nods whilest crossing her heart "i promise. Although a sneaky word from someone might help move things along". His eyes widen at her hidden meaning as he turns to plead with her to not do anything. However she had already disappeared down the corridor, heading for her dorm. 

Early the next morning everyone sat in the great hall enjoying a peaceful breakfast and having their own tired conversations with the people around them. What they didn't realise is that the morning was about to become a bit more lively.

Umbridge sat in her usual spot chating to an ever stern looking professor Snape who looked to be positively bored with the current conversation. She lifts up her cup of tea, pausing the one sided conversation for a minute so she could take a sip. However she instead got a nasty shock when a mouth with sharp teeth appeared on the cup and bit down hard on the bone of her nose. A shrill scream escaped her mouth bringing all attention in the Great hall to her as she tried to remove the disguised nose biting teacup. Once everyone realised what had happened the students quickly began to roar with laughter whilest professors Mcgonagall and Flitwick swiftly made their way over to her to try and get it off. She squealed and wailed throughout the whole process only increasing the students enjoyment of the situation. Bree thought this prank seemed somewhat familiar which jogged her memory into remembering that day in Zonkos leading her to look over at the Slytherin table. Adrian was already looking at her with a cunning smirk as he wiggled his fingers at her in greeting. She shook her head at him with a similar smirk, loving that he actually went through with it. If only Umbridge realised how much they truly weren't done fighting against her yet.