Chapter 16

Once Bree found where the twins, Lee and Angelina were sitting, she informed them that she had to meet with the prefects and head boy before settling in with them for the rest of the journey. She also left Gracie in their compartment with them as they promised to keep an eye on her, which she supposed was because Angelina fell in love with the kitten as soon as she seen her. Although she wasn't able to leave without some playful teasing from the twins but all she had to do was remind them why her being headgirl was an advantage for them and they quickly shut up. 

Now standing outside the prefect carriage she took a deep breath before entering, making everyone inside look up at her. Looking around at the prefects inside once she closed the door behind her, she realised she recognised most of them. The Gryffindor ones were obviously Ron and Hermione, who smiled at her when she came in which she returned. Then theres was the Slytherins who she knew to be Draco Malfoy and Pansy Parkinson. However she found it a little strange how Pansy was gazing at Draco and snuggling into him when he looked to be very uncomfortable but she brushed it off and moved on. Bree recognised both of the  Hufflepuff prefects as well whos names were Ernie Macmillan and Hannah Abbott. Although she hadn't had any interaction with Ernie she had heard that Hannah was a very nice girl. Lastly the Ravenclaw prefects where she only recognised the girl as Padma Patil who, along with her twin sister, were Ron and Harrys dates last year for the Yule ball. 

Just as she had finished her evaluation, the compartment door opened up for the last time, gaining her attention as Adrian Pucey of Slytherin entered which made Bree assume he was head boy. Since she hadn't even spoken to him once throughout her years at Hogwarts she had no opinion of him but she did note to herself that she had noticed he was one of the only Slytherins on the quidditch team who never cheated, which was good in her book. She guessed she would get to know him through their time as head boy and girl. 

He took notice of her standing near the door quick enough and nodded his head in greeting towards her "Tonks". "Pucey" she returned politely with her own nod before they both returned their attention to the prefects. "Alright so as you have probably seen from other prefects your jobs are simple" began Bree making them all pay attention to her. "You have to guide the first years up to your common rooms and you are allowed to take points away if any misbehave. Also give a helping hand and advice if any of them need it" instructs the blonde gaining nods in response. She then looks to Pucey who had been paying attention to her instructions and asks "is there anything you would like to add?". He shakes his head "no i think you covered everything". "Alright then you can head back to your compartments" Bree tells them causing them to all stand up and begin to leave, with Ron and Hermione sharing one last smile with her as they went. "Im actually not that surprised that you were made head girl" comments Adrian just as she was about to leave making her turn back around to face him. "Trust me it was a big shock to my system" Bree admits to him with a slight chuckle as she remembers her frozen state. Looking up she catches sight of the Slytherin looking at her in confusion which caused her to also become confused "what?". "I just thought you would have been snarky or snappy with me, most people are to Slytherins" he admits honestly. Bree smiles at him slightly "i don't believe in that house prejudice rubbish. I base my opinion of someone off of what they have done rather than what they are and frankly i barely know you". "Yeah your right there, maybe this opportunity will lead us to being friends" Adrian suggests with the ghost of a smile, happy he wouldn't be working with someone that would judge him straight off the bat because of his house. "It just might" nods Bree with a smile before waving as she leaves the compartment "i'll see you later Adrian". 

On her way back to her friends compartment Bree begins to smirk to herself as she thinks of a wickedly funny idea. Stopping just beside the compartment, she quickly changes herself into their school caretaker Mr Filch before flinging the door open and snarling "what are you pests doing?". The twins and Lee jumped out of their skins as they frantically rushed to try and hide their order forms along with their sweets before pausing their frantic actions once they heard a familiar laugh. Looking back at the door they notice Bree leaining against the door laughing hysterically while holding her stomach with Angelina quickly joining in on the laughter. "Godric Bree you almost gave us a heart attack" Lee sighs in relief while pulling the forms back out of hiding. "Yeah what are you trying to do kill us" the twins ask her but even they couldn't hide their amused smiles. "Im sorry i had to, it was just too good of an opportunity" snickers Bree as her laughter dies down while she takes her seat beside Angelina who was next to Fred with George and Lee across from them. "Who is head boy?" Angelina asks her friend curiously. "Adrian Pucey" Bree tells them whilest opening Gracies crate so she could take her out and hold her. Gracie purred in delight as she snuggled against the blondes neck making her giggle from the ticklish feel. "The Slytherin" checks Lee receiving a nod from Bree. "Haven't really had an interaction with him" Fred comments to himself as he looks through their forms checking things off. "Yeah what's he like so far" asks George. "He seems alright, assumed i was gonna judge him straight off just for his house but i'll see what hes like first before giving my opinion" Bree answers him. "Good idea" nods Angelina with a smile just as she takes Gracie from Bree to give the cat some of her own attention. "I still can't believe this is our last year" muses Bree thoughtfully while glancing out the window at the now dark sky. "Yeah feels like only yesterday we were little firsties getting sorted" Lee states with a fond smile. "We can't wait for it to end though" comments Fred "cause then we can start our shop" finishes George, sharing an excited grin with his twin. "I look forward to seeing it when its finished" Bree tells them honestly "but i will miss Hogwarts, after all its my second home".