Chapter 30

Clothes were being packed into trunks alongside any other belongings because today was the last day of school for the holidays. However for some it was the very last day forever. Bree and Abbey stood in their room quietly packing their stuff feeling sad that it was their last day at Hogwarts. They had been through so much together here through the years and now they would have to spread off and take their own paths. Letters would have to sustain them for the time being until they could meet up again since Bree was going to Romania and Abbey to Russia. One to be a dragon trainer, the other a healer. 

"Alright I think that's everything" Abbey breaks the silence latching her trunk closed. She turns to face her friend and gently places a hand on her bandaged head "how do you feel?". "A little sore but it's nothing too bad" Bree assures her with a small smile. Her eyes glance around their now empty and tidy dorm room. It felt surreal that they wouldn't be coming back here after seven years of being here. At least she could hold onto the memories they made. "Ready to say goodbye?" Bree asks her best friend. Abbey shakes her head "no, but let's get it over with". 

They carry their trunks down to the common room where professor Sprout stood saying goodbye to her seventh years. Once she saw the two girls she opened her arms with a smile making them run towards her to accept the hug. "I think I'll miss you two the most but don't tell the others" she whispers to them getting chuckles in return. "We'll miss you too professor" they tell her in sync trying to fight the tears that wanted to make an appearance. "Write to me if you wish girls, I'd love to keep in contact and I still stay in contact with passed students" Sprout tells them kindly once she pulls away to place a hand on each of their cheeks. "We will professor" Bree tells her with a nod and with one last tight hug they leave their old common room.

They head up to the Great Hall where they find Lee, Angelina and Adrian waiting for them. "You took your time" Lee teases them with a grin. "Oh shut up, we had to walk up from the dungeons" Abbey tells him with an eye roll. "So did I and I didn't take nearly as long" Adrian tells her making her stick her tongue out at him. "Ms. Tonks" they hear called out behind them making them turn and see McGonagall making her way over. "We'll wait down by the boats for you" Angelina tells Bree before they leave to do just that. "I've already said goodbye to my students but I must say goodbye to you as well" the head of Gryffindor states with a small smile and her arms open. Bree giggles as she moves to accept the hug "of course professor. I'll miss you". "I'll miss you too dear. Best wishes for you and Charlie and good luck with your dragons. Please be careful" the woman requests with a worried look. It was obvious to her and everyone else that a war was coming. Even though she knew it was going to happen, McGonagall didn't even want to think about losing any of her students. That's why she held them just that bit tighter when hugging them goodbye. "I will professor" Bree states with a sad smile after seeing the worry in the woman's eyes. The blonde goes to turn away from her old professor until she remembers something making her turn back. "Oh! Tell Dumbledore that myself and Abbey look forward to taking care of his phoenix while he's away". McGonagall felt confused for all of five seconds until realization hits her. Dumbledore had told her how he had asked the girls to join the order and they said they would think about it. This must mean they have agreed to join. McGonagall wished they wouldn't, it was far too dangerous but she couldn't stop them. "Of course I'll tell him dear". She watched as the girl gave her one last smile before walking away, hoping this war wouldn't break the girls bright spirit. 

"Ah the boats, seems like only yesterday we were riding in them for our first year" Lee comments fondly once Bree had taken a seat in the boat with them. "The years go by too quick" Angelina states looking behind herself to look at the castle one more time. "Everyone here?" Hagrid asks the seventh years and once he receives confirmation the boats begin moving smoothly across the lake. "Are you looking forward to going to Russia?" Angelina asks Abbey to start up a conversation. Abbey nods with a smile "I am, André has been sending me pics of apartments so we could choose one together. Then during the Christmas holidays I went to Russia to spend it with his family, we found one that we both liked during that time". "Cool" Lee says with a nod. "Where abouts in Russia are you moving to?" Adrian asks her curiously. "St. Petersburg, it's beautiful there. You should all come visit when your able. Just send me a letter so I know" Abbey invites them which they all agree to do at some point. 

Standing next to the train were the people Bree wanted to talk to the most. "Harry, Neville, Ginny, Luna" she calls out to them as she runs over. Once she's close enough she pulls each of them into a tight hug "you can all write to me if you want. I'd love to keep in touch". "Of course we will" Harry assures her with a smile. Small tears appear on the edges of her eyes as she looks over her friends for what will be the last time for a while. "I'll miss you all but good luck and stay safe" Bree tells them and with one last group hug they board the train and go their separate ways.

Bree finds her fellow seventh year friends waiting for her in a compartment near the middle of the train. "You know I never thought I'd reach this point. Always thought I'd fail all my classes and have to keep repeating a year" Lee tells them with a chuckle. "Nah you're too smart for that Lee and I know for a fact everyone else will miss your commentating" Abbey tells him. "Yeah it's gonna be hard to find someone as good as you were to do it" Bree says with a small smile thinking back on her friends amusing commentary. "I know, I'm simply too brilliant" Lee states flicking his dreadlocks over his shoulder. The others fondly roll their eyes at him. "Hey Bree?" Adrian calls getting the girls attention "can you play us something? I liked it when you played at the ball". The others nodded in agreement and sent her pleading looks hoping she would play a song for them. Bree nods while standing up to take her guitar down from the overhead rack "yeah alright".  Placing the instrument on her lap, she makes herself comfortable before beginning to strum. 

This is where the chapter ends. A new one now begins. Time has come for letting go. The hardest part is when you know all of these years when we were here are ending but I'll always remember. 

​​​​We have had the time of our lives and now the page is turned. The stories we will write. We have had the time of our lives and I will not forget the faces left behind. Sirius' face flashed into her mind bringing tears to the edge of her eyes. It's hard to walk away from the best of days but if it has to end, I'm glad you have been my friend in the time of our lives. 

She could see her friends eyes become glassy from the words and watched as Angelina hugged Abbey into her side. Lee had put an arm around Adrian's shoulders and they slowly swayed together. Hearing their door open they see the rest of their friends standing there along with Lily and Ollie. Bree smiles at them in greeting before continuing to play. 

Where the water meets the land, there is shifting in the sand. Like the tide that ebbs and flows, memories will come and go. All of these years when we were here are ending but I'll always remember.

We have had the time of our lives and now the page is turned. The stories we will write. We have had the time of our lives and I will not forget the faces left behind. It's hard to walk away from the best of days but if it has to end, I'm glad you have been my friend in the time of our lives. 

We say goodbye, we hold on tight to these memories that never die. ×2 

We have had the time of our lives and now the page is turned. The stories we will write. We have had the time of our lives and I will not forget the faces left behind. It's hard to walk away from the best of days but if it has to end, I'm glad you have been my friend in the time of our lives.

If it has to end I'm glad you have been my friend in the time of our lives.

(This is the end of order of the Phoenix. I hope you liked it. This chapter was supposed to be longer but I'm under a bit of stress this week and felt like if I didn't finish it now I never would. So here ya go. Most of the next few chapters will be my original ones since Bree will be in Romania with Charlie. You have those to look forward to. See ya next time🙂).