Chapter 9

Three days later Bree was sitting with Hermione, André, Abby, Fred, George and Lee in the courtyard when an owl suddenly arrived beside her with two howlers. "Uh oh what did you do" the twins playfully in sync ask as Bree stared at the howlers feeling nervous and confused. "I havent done anything" states Bree just as the howlers begin to smoke "lately". Both of them burst open resulting in her mothers and Mrs Weasleys voices being heard shouting out across the courtyard gaining the attention of everyone present. 

WE ARE SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND CHARLIE, WE KNEW IT WOULD HAPPEN EVENTUALLY. HOWEVER WE ARE NOT HAPPY ABOUT THE FACT WE HAD TO FIND OUT ABOUT IT FROM THE TWINS. YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD US BUT NEVER THE LESS CONGRATS TO YOU BOTH. LOVE FROM MOM AND MOLLY.

Bree slowly turned her head to face the twins with a fake sweet smile as they nervously inched away from her. "Fred, George" the blonde calls them sweetly as they take notice of her blonde hair slowly turning into a mixed of red in anger and orange in annoyance. This jump starts them into running away with her following quickly behind them glaring and shouting "i wanted to tell them you twats, get back here". "Should we help them" questions Abby as she stays sitting beside Lee while they both watch the three run around the courtyard. "Nah this is too entertaining" states Lee with a chuckle just as Bree manages to catch the twins and starts hitting them while the ginger boys complained the whole time. 

A little over a month later Bree could be seen walking around the school holding her egg everyday as she tried to figure out the clue. She had even resorted to sending Charlie a letter to ask if he knew how to crack it but he promised her he didnt know anything. "Maybe try break it with a hammer" sighs Abby that night in their dorm room, feeling frustrated on how hard it was to solve the clue. Bree chuckles at that idea "i dont think that would work and where would i get a hammer in a magic school". Abby shrugs helplessly just as Bree accidently trips and falls back onto her bed knocking the egg off it making it crash to the ground and open, letting loose that horrible shrieking sound. Both girls cover their ears with a groan but while trying to cover her ears Bree manages to knock a glass of water of her bedside table causing the water to splash onto the egg. However the most suprising part was that the water managed to make the egg turn into a melodic tune before going back to screeching. Bree quickly kneels down and closes the egg relieving their ears of the dreadful noise. Abby sighs in relief before narrowing her eyes in thought "did you notice how it reacted to the water". Bree nods just as an idea comes to her and she quickly rushes over to her trunk to pull out a swimsuit. Getting the idea Abby does the same before picking up the egg as they both leave the dorm to head for the prefects bathroom. 

"This place is so nice, wish id gotten to be prefect now" muses Abby as the girls enter the prefects bathroom only to take notice of the pool sized bath with about fifty taps above it ready to be used. There was also changing rooms off to the side with glass mural windows behind the taps showcasing a mermaid and other creatures that can be found on Hogwarts grounds. "Right lets get changed and see if this works" instructs Bree making Abby nod as they both get changed into swim suits and fill the tub before climbing in. Bree pulls the egg in front of her with Abby a few feet in front of her watching curiously. "Here goes nothing" says Abby just as they both take in a deep breath and go under water while opening the egg. Instead of the usual screeching coming from it a beautiful song emits from it causing both girls to listen intently:

Come seek us where our voices sound,                          we cannot sing above the ground.                                   An hour long you will have to look,                                  to recover what we took. 

Both girls quickly floated up and gasped for breath once they broke the surface before looking at each other and laughing happily at the fact they finally figured it out. "Finally" cheered Abby as she done a little dance to the best of her abilities in the water making Bree laugh. "Thank Hufflepuff for that" breathes out Bree before beginning to solve the riddle "so it can only be heard in water which means the task must be in the black lake". Abby nods in agreement "your right but what the hell are they taking". Bree shrugs feeling confused about that part "i dont know but im more worried about how im going to breath underwater for an hour". "Oh come on bestie if anyone can figure it out its you" points out Abby causing the blonde to become thoughtful. Her eyes slowly move to the right when the window catches her attention causing her to have a light bulb moment making her smile "Abby is there a transfiguration spell that can turn someone into a mermaid". Following her line of sight Abby also smiles in realisation as they both look up at the window of the mermaid fixing her hair.