Chapter 31

"Are you sure you have everything dear?" Bree's mom asks her watching as her youngest daughter floats her last box of things down the stairs. "Yes mum, Charlie already took some of my things with him to the reserve. I just have to shrink these and put them in my bag so I'll be ready for when he comes back. If I've forgotten anything you can send it to me" Bree explains before turning to her mother. The woman had tears in her eyes that she tried to hide behind a bright smile. She felt so many emotions running around inside her that it was hard to sort through them all. Of course Andromeda was happy for her daughter, she had a wonderful boyfriend, her dream job and she was moving in with him but it was still hard to let her youngest go. She would have an empty nest now and she didn't know if she was ready for that. "Oh mum" Bree sighs pulling her mother into a tight hug that she returns just as tightly. "I'm just going to miss you sweetheart. It's going to take me a while to get used to the fact both my girls are all grown up. I know you have been for a while but now that your leaving it's making that fact all too real" Andromeda tells her with a sniffle. "It's not like you're never going to see me again mum. I'll come visit you when I can" Bree reassures her. "Oh I know dear but it's not the same as hearing you both running around the house" Andromeda explains pulling away to wipe the tears off her cheeks. "You take care of yourself now and make sure Charlie treats you right or he will answer to me" Ted threatens coming out of the kitchen to stand next to her mom. "Of course I will dad and Charlie always treats me well. You have nothing to worry about" she reassures him before wrapping her arms around him in a hug. He tightens his arms around his youngest daughter not wanting to let her go. Godric, when did she get all grown up. It feels like it was only yesterday he was there to hold her close when she had a nightmare or read her a bedtime story. He missed the days when he would hear her and Tonks' little feet running around the house, giggling as they went. Now they were both grown up and had their respective partners, living the life they chose for themselves. He was so proud of both of them. "Dad you have to let me go so I can leave" Bree says through a giggle but it quickly dies when she pulls pulls back only to see tears in his eyes "oh dad". He sniffles while waving away her concern "I'm ok, it's like your mom said. It's hard realizing you're all grown up but we are so proud of the young woman you have become". Tears have now gathered in Bree's eyes too but she does her best to hold them back not wanting to add them to the crying fest currently taking place. "I'll miss you both so much" she tells them just as there's a knock on the door. Andromeda goes to open it and finds Charlie standing with a smile on the other side. He stands up straight before giving a deep playful bow "milady, I have come to sweep the dragon princess off her feet". Bree chuckles at his actions while he's let into the house. His grin only growing wider at the sight of her. "Now son" Ted starts bringing Charlie's attention to the suddenly serious man "you better take good care of my girl. If you don't, we are gonna have some problems". Charlie mirrored his serious face with a nod "you can count on me Ted, I'll take good care of her". A slow smile appeared on Teds face "I know you will, I still had to give the protective dad talk though". With one more goodbye between all of them Charlie and Bree apparate with her remaining things to the sanctuary.

"Welcome to the Romanian dragon sanctuary love" her boyfriend says with his arms spread wide. From what she could see there were many wooden houses in a circle formation with a large fire in the centre. Some bigger buildings were also near the houses and she assumed they were medical, hatchery's and possibly a meeting hall. "The dragons are a bit further down the road in their enclosures to keep them from burning our houses down and the nearest village is twenty minutes away" Charlie tells her. Bree smiles at him in content "it looks great Charlie, I can't wait to get started". He chuckles at her enthusiasm, putting an arm around her shoulders as they begin walking "have patience love, we must get you settled in first". "I know but I'm just so excited. What will I get to do first? Can I start tomorrow? Can I see all the different dragons that are here? Oh! Can-" Bree is cut off from her ramblings by a pair of lips on hers. Even though Charlie found it adorable when she rambled, she wasn't breathing the whole time. She would have passed out if he didn't stop her soon. Bree manages to kiss him back just before he pulls away with a chuckle and notices her hair had turned a mixture of pink and purple. "You weren't breathing love, take a breath. We will get to do all that in time just have patience" he promises her with another kiss then takes her hand as they begin walking again. He brings her round the whole area, showing her where everything is and once they reach the great hall where they hold meetings and supplies, someone is waiting to see her. "Bree! How's my favourite dragon trainer?" Aaron exclaims joyfully pulling the girl into a big bear hug. Charlie stares at the man unimpressed "I'm standing right here". Aaron pretends to ignore him guiding Bree over to a familiar woman as she giggles "you remember my wife Sandra". "Of course, it's lovely to see you again" Bree greets her trying to stop laughing when she sees Charlie sulk over with his arms crossed. "You too darling have you been doing well?" Sandra asks the young woman after sharing a hug with her. "Oh yes very well thank you" Bree answer her. Sandra was a tall woman with black hair and green eyes that had a few scars but a good bit of muscle on her. She acted like a mother to all the trainers even though she had three sons of her own. Aaron was the same way though since he treated all the trainers like his children too. Both of them were in their early fifties but could still keep up with the younger trainers. 

Sandra then smacks Charlie over the head with the file in her hand making him yelp and hold the spot "stop sulking, it makes you look dreadful and this girl deserves a handsome man". Bree snorts but tries to cover it while Charlie glares at both women "what is this pick on Charlie day? First my brothers when I went to visit them before collecting Bree. Then Aaron and now you". "Oh hush Charlie stop being so dramatic" Bree says with a giggle linking arms with Sandra as they walk off for a chat. "I shouldn't have let them be introduced to each other. Now the apocalypse will soon be upon us" Charlie dramatized with a fake look of horror. Aaron shakes his head with a chuckle then pats Charlie on the shoulder "good luck with that". 

It was evening by the time Charlie finally makes it back to his, their home so she could get settled in. Everyone wanted to see and talk to her again after not seeing her for so long so it took them longer than they planned to get to the house. Charlie surprises her by lifting her bridal style into the house getting a surprised laugh from her. "Welcome home love" he happily says with a kiss to her lips looking forward to what the future had in store for them. 

I finally got a chapter out, YAY! I know it's short but I hope you like it and I hope to have another one out in the next 2 or 3 weeks since I already have an idea for it but we'll see.

Enjoy~