Chapter 12

Bree let out a groan at the bright light shining on her eyelids as she slowly opens them with a squint to notice she was on a bed in the hospital wing. "Oh my baby your awake" she hears her mother exclaim joyfully followed by the screeching of many chairs before she is able to see her mom, dad, Tonks, Charlie, the twins, Lee, Abby, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Bill, Mr. And Mrs. Weasley standing around her bed. Bree smiles at them all while asking "what did i miss" gaining chuckles from the group along with a few tears as well. Everyone takes turns to gently hug her and tell her how much they missed her. "How long have i been out" she asks them hesitantly almost afraid to hear the answer. "Four days" Abby answers her with a shaky voice. Bree's eyes widen at the revelation just as Dumbledore arrives with the other heads of houses. "Oh my girl im so happy to see your awake" states professor Sprout in relief once she catches sight of the girl. "Thank you professor" she tells her kindly with a smile. "I know this will seem a bit inconsiderate but i've been keeping the Minister away while you heeled. I need to know what you remember" Dumbledore tells her gently making her smile fall resulting in Charlie and her mom taking one of her hands in theirs. "Everything. I remember arriving in the graveyard and Harry's scar started to hurt so he tried to push me back towards the portkey. I remember seeing a figure come towards us so i pointed my wand at them just as a knife was thrown at me and i fell to the ground. I remember Harry's screams as they did something to him i couldn't see. Then i remember a voice talking to what seemed to be other people before You- Know- Who appeared above me. He then proceed to insult my family so i stood up for them and called him a snake. For that he twisted the knife in my stomach making me cry out while Harry shouted for him to stop. After that everything went black" Bree retells with tears streaming down her face half way through which Charlie then hugs her for. "Thank you and i'm sorry to make you relive it but we needed to hear your side as well as Harry's" Dumbledore sincerely apologises to her before leaving the room and its teary eyed occupants. "Oh my darling, i wish you never had to go through all of that" speaks up Ted to break the silence as he leans over to lovingly hug her. "Its alright dad, the main thing is im still here" she tells him and everyone around them. "Damn right i need my little sister to tease and look after" Tonks tells her with a grin which Bree fondly rolls her eyes at but she could also see the worry hidden in her sisters eyes. Madame Pomfrey then makes her way over to the group to give Bree a potion and say "drink up dear it will help you get some rest. As for the rest of you only two can stay so decide who then im going to have to ask the rest of you to leave". Bree then happens to notice how Harry kept fiddling with his sleeve which helped with her decision on who she would ask to stay. "Can Charlie and Harry stay" she asks the group hoping no one would have a problem with it. Her parents smile at her "of course sweetheart" Ted tells her making everyone wish her well before he begins to usher everyone out of the hospital apart from the named two. Once they are gone Bree drinks her potion, grimacing at the flavour as Madame Pomfrey returns to her office. "Harry whats wrong" Bree questions the young wizard who stood rigidly at the end of her bed. He seems to hesitate slightly before telling her quietly "im sorry". Realization dawns on Brees face as she instantly holds her arms out to him making him slowly move over to hug her. "Don't you dare apologise, none of this is your fault and i know that if you had been able to you would have helped me, which you did you brought me home. Without out you I'd be dead in that graveyard so don't you dare think you did anything wrong" she tells him strongly. Once she finishes her speech she is able to feel tears dripping onto her shoulder as Harry's body shakes with silent sobs making her hug him tighter in comfort. Charlie watches the boy cry with sad eyes while feeling devastated at all the horrible things he has to go through in his life, he doesn't deserve it. After a little while Harry pulls away to wipe his eyes as Bree tells him "if you ever need anyone to talk to I'll always be here". The young wizard nods at her gratefully just as her eyes start to droop but she fights for them to stay open. Charlie notices this and gently leans over to kiss her forehead "go to sleep love, we will be here when you wake up". With one last nod of agreement her eyes fall heavily shut as she is dragged into a deep dreamless sleep. 

Three days later Bree was able walk to the Great Hall with the help of Charlie for the end of year feast. When she entered everyone turned to look at her with wide eyes as she made her way over to the Hufflepuff table to sit beside Abby with Charlie sitting on her other side. "How are you feeling" questions Abby in concern as she takes in her friends slightly tired eyes. Bree manages a small smile towards her "still sore but better than i was". Feeling a tap on her shoulder Bree turns her head to see Harry standing behind her with a small pouch in his hand. "These are your half of the winnings ive been minding them for you" the young wizard explains to her as he holds out the pouch. Bree glances at it for less than a second before gesturing for him to come closer. He does so so she can whisper "give it to the twins they need it for their shop". "Are you sure" Harry questions her receiving a nod in response which makes him smile. "Im gonna do the same actually" he tells her with a smile as he returns back to his table with Bree watching. "What did you tell him" asks Charlie curiously along with Abby. Bree only smiles as she watches Harry give the money to the twins with Abby and Charlie now also watching. The twins turn slowly to gap over at her while she just smiles and waves. Snapping out of their moment of surprise they both quickly jump up and run over to hug her tightly while repeating 'thank you' over and over again. "Your welcome and i look forward to seeing you succeed in your plans" Bree tells them honestly with a grin just as they return to their seats and instantly start planning. "That was very nice of you but mum is going to kill you" Charlie tells her once he realises what she did. "Not if no one tells her" she counters with a cheeky grin making him chuckle and shake his head at her mischievous but caring nature. He truly was lucky to have someone like her.