Chapter 18

Three weeks had passed by at Hogworts resulting in everyone realising just how bad Umbridge is. The few that had gained detentions from her had spread the word to other students about just how wicked she really was. This caused the whole school to become weary of her and to only go near her when they had to. Although this didn't stop Bree, Abbey, the twins and Lee from causing mischief. In fact it gave them even more of a reason to so they could show Umbridge that they weren't scared of her which resulted in them gaining many detentions causing their hands to become raw and sore. 

Just like Bree promised Adrian she had written to her family and Charlie the next day explaining the events that had happened the prior night. Both her parents and sister expressed their concern for her deeply, wondering whether she should stay in school or not but she quickly reassured them she could handle it. Charlie on the other hand threatened to march up to the school and give Umbridge a piece of his mind and it took her two letters to finally calm him down. 

Today she sat perched in the owlery reading another letter from the red head that expressed his concerns again as well as asking if she was ok. Shaking her head fondly at his caring nature, she quickly replied to him explaining how herself and the others were standing up to her by continuing their day to day activities no matter what she said or did. However she also reassured him again that she was completely fine and would write to him again soon. Bree read it over one more time before nodding happily to herself and turning towards Charlies owl. "Thanks for delivering all our letters, i know its a long journey. I promise to have some bacon for you next time Nicholas" Bree gratefully tells the owl who affectionately rubs his head against her hand before taking her letter and flying out the window, away from Hogwarts. With a sigh the blonde witch climbs down from the window ledge she had been sitting on and makes her way out of the owlery, pulling her coat tighter around her frame as she goes. The cold weather had deffinetly arrived on the grounds as a chilly breeze blew through the air making anyone feel a chill to the bone. It was one of the reasons why a smile graced Brees face when she entered the school doors only to feel the cold instantly leave her form from how warm it was inside. Unfortunately that smile quickly fell off her face when she caught sight of Umbridge and Mcgonagall sharing what seemed to be a heated discussion on the stairs. Bree wasn't the only one that noticed it though as students from the Great Hall began to investigate what was going on for themselves as well, which included the golden trio and her friends. Making her way over to stand next to Fred and George, Bree began to pay attention to what was being said between the two professors. "I am merely requesting that when it comes to my students you conform to the perscribed disciplinary practices" Mcgonagall states towards Umbridge as they stop near the top of the stairs. Bree smiled happily to herself as she realised that Mcgonagall was standing up for all the students that have had to suffer from Umbridges cruel treatment. "So silly of me but it sounds as if your questioning my authority in my own classroom, Minerva" Umbridge points out in her sickly sweet tone whilest moving up a step as if trying to intimidate the older professor. "Not at all Dolores, merely your medieval methods" states Mcgonagall while also stepping up onto a higher step. Umbridge looked at the professor as if she couldn't believe that her choices in her classroom were being questioned. This made Bree want to laugh wondering if the professor actually realised that she was being a complete bitch and using something that was illegal. "Im sorry my dear but to question my practices is to question the ministry and by extension the minister himself. I am a tolerant woman but the one thing i will not stand for is disloyalty" Umbridge argues against Mcgonagall. Her statement caused the Blondes hair to turn red with anger at the lies she was speaking towards one of her favourite professors. If she was such a tolerant woman she wouldn't be giving those wicked detentions out for stupid simple things. "Disloyalty" breathes out Mcgonagall in disbelief as she takes a step down making Bree frown at how heartbroken her professor sounded. Umbridge took a step up making herself now tower over Mcgonagall as she turned to address the gathered students "things at Hogwarts are far worse than i feared. Cornelius will want to take immediate action". "Shes gonna turn this place into hell" states Bree towards the twins who nod in agreement. "Its a pity as well" starts off Fred "we were suppose to be enjoying our last year" finishes George as the three sigh in annoyance.

How right they were about the future of Hogwarts. The minister had given Umbridge the position of high inquisitor at Hogwarts meaning the only one who could over rule her was Dumbledore himself. The pink toad loved this as she soaked up the attention from the daily prophet and began putting up her owns rules called decrees everytime she seen something she didn't like. One of these decrees happened to be that boys and girls were not permitted within eight inches of each other. So naturally anytime Fred George, Abbey, Bree, Angelina or Lee were together around her or passing her in the hallways, they made sure to link arms or hug each other close just to annoy her which gained them many more detentions. Umbridge would also make sure uniforms were done up correctly and would inspect all the the other teachers to make sure they were up to her standards. Fred and Georges products had also been banned but that never stopped them in their stride to sell their products and bring a little bit of laughter to everyones now dull lives. Unfortunately from what Bree had heard it seemed like professor Trelawney was in trouble with her as she didn't leave a good enough impression with the inquisitor. Bree worried what would happen to the woman as she knew that the pink toad was capable of anything at this point. 

Sadly Bree got to witness the outcome of this a few days later when Trelawney was made gather all of her belongings together and stand in the courtyard to be fired from her job. All the students gathered round to watch the terrible sight whilest Umbridge, still with with a smile on her face approached the devastated teacher. "Sixteen years ive lived and taught here, Hogwarts is my home. You can't do this" begged Trelawney with a whimper. From the right side of the courtyard, Bree covered her mouth in despair at the horrible sight in front of her wondering how Umbridge could stoop even lower than she already has. "Actually i can" states Umbridge whilest holding up a letter she had recieved from the minister without any hint of remorse in her voice or on her face. Seeing that as the last straw, Bree broke away from the crowd and made her way over to a now sobbing Trelawney at the same time as Mcgonagall to offer her own comfort to the women. The students watched her in surprise as she went and placed a gentle hand on the professor back and rubbed up and down soothingly whilest Mcgonagall hugged and shushed her in her arms. "Something you would like to say dears?" Umbridge asked them both sweetly. "Oh there are several things i would like to say" Mcgonagall states whilest Bree only glared hatefully at the woman, her hair turning a light red. 

Suddenly the main doors behind Umbridge opened with a bang gaining everyones attention and revealing Dumbledore making his way towards them. "Professor Mcgonagall might i ask you to escort Sybil back inside" request the headmaster making Trelawney smile in relief. "Would you like me to help professor?" Bree asks the Gryffindor head of house kindly. "No thank you dear ive got it" Mcgonagall replies with an appreciative nod as she begins to lead the Divination teacher back into the school whilest Bree stays where she is. "Dumbledore may i remind you that under the terms of educational decree number 23, as inacted by the minister..." Umbridge begins to rant smugly only to be cut off by Dumbledore himself. "You have the right to dismiss my teachers. You do not however have the authority to banish them from the grounds, that power lies with the headmaster" Dumbledore tells her sternly with an air of warning behind his words. "For now" Umbridge states with a smug smile making Bree want to punch her in the face. Dumbledore looks around at all his students before turning to leave back the way he came " don't you all have studying to do". This jumps everyone into gear as they all begin to leave and get back to what they were doing before hand. Adrian moves out from the crowd and over to Bree to place a hand on her shoulder and snap her out of glaring at Umbridge. He nods his head in the direction of their common room causing them both to head in that direction. "I want to punch her" states Bree honestly. "How about murder instead that way we all don't recieve anymore detentions. I'll even bring a shovel and help you bury the body" Adrian offers with a cunning grin. Bree laughs at the suggestion but actually does consider it for a second before brushing it off "as much as that would solve our main problem, no". "Damn it" he groans playfully just as they reach the entrance to their common room and go inside. "However if i ever need to hide a body, i'll let you know" she tells him with the same amount of playfullness. He salutes her whilest standing straight "burial manager at your service" making her laugh again which was a nice change from her previous gloomy mood in the past weeks.