Growing up part 1

Author:" Okay, for quick context, each of the growing up chapters are going to be retelling parts of season 1-3 of attack on titan from the reader's perspective with some alterations."

Y/n P.O.V~

*age 10*

I sat at the table eating breakfast, thinking about what had happened over the last three years. Well, I now lived with the Yeager family as their adopted son, and about a year ago, a cute girl named Mikasa came to live with us. Grisha had asked me not to tell anyone anything about the underworld, which I agreed to; I thought it was the least I could do since he saved my life. The three of us sat at the kitchen table eating our food after grabbing some firewood, and everything seemed to be going well until Mikasa spoke.

Mikasa:" Eren want's to join the survey corps."

Everyone looked in shock at this revelation.

Eren:" Mikasa, you traitor!"

Carla stopped washing the dishes and gripped Eren's shoulders, looking into his eyes with a worried look.

Carla:" Eren, what were you thinking? Do you know how many people die outside the walls!?"

Eren:" I do!"

Carla:" You clearly don't!"

Eren:" I do Y/n, and I are both joining!"

Carla looked at me with worry and anger.

Y/n:" Don't bring me into this!"

Grisha:" Eren."

Eren looked at his father as he spoke.

Grisha:" Why do you want to outside the walls?"

Eren:" I want to see the outside world! I don't want to die inside the walls, and if no one joins the survey corps, everyone will die, and everyone who has died will have died in vain!"

Grisha looked at his son before speaking.

Grisha:" I see."

Grisha then got up from the dining room.

Grisha:" My ship will be here in a few minutes. I have to go."

Carla followed her husband out the door and spoke.

Carla:" But dear, please help me convince Eren."

Grisha sighed before speaking to his wife.

Grisha:" Nothing can stop human curiosity, Carla. Eren, when I get back, I will show you what's in the basement."

Eren:" Really?!"

Grisha nodded before leaving as we all wished him to have a happy trip. Soon Eren, Mikasa, and I went to play for a little bit with our friend Armin.

* Four-hour time skip*

The four of us were in the town square just talking to each other and having a good time. Suddenly a loud booming noise echoed out through the district. I looked up to see what looked to be a giant skinless hand gripping onto the top of the wall. I was in shock as I shook the owner of the massive head peered over the wall. I screamed out in fear as I gazed at the titan.

Y/n:" Titan!"

Suddenly, the gate was burst open, sending debris flying everywhere and sending people running back as everyone began to run. Eren Mikasa and I ran to our home to find Carla stuck under the rubble of our home.