Her Life

Hyerin grunted as she fell none too gently on the floor.

"Come on, Rin. That's all you got?" her older brother Jonghyun teased. He lunged over her frame with his hands on his knees as he continued with his taunting. "Mom didn't train you for ten years for me to kick your ass so easily, right?"

"Shut your big mouth, you little-" She pounced on Jonghyun and pinned him to the floor, throwing multiple punches to his face. Hyerin grinned wickedly as he tried to unsuccessfully block her attacks, and was about to throw him another one when he managed to wriggle out of her grip. He caught her knuckles just in time and twisted her arm, making her cry out in pain.

"Shit!" Having no other option, she bit his shoulder. He yelped and pushed her away in surprise, clutching the spot he was bitten as he watched his sister get up from the floor with a smug.

He stood up and spun around, attacking her right away with a roundhouse kick. Unfortunately for him, she dodged and caught his leg. With all her strength and without any hesitation whatsoever, Hyerin lifted his leg with two hands, twisted it hard enough without breaking it, and watched gleefully as her brother yelped and collapsed to the ground.

For a good five seconds, nobody moved.

Jonghyun opened an eye to look up at Hyerin, his chest rising and falling. "Damn you," he wheezed.

"And that's what you get when you mock me during training," Hyerin said breathlessly, heading out of the big practice room they frequented in.

Choosing to hold back her true abilities was probably the hardest thing for Hyerin when sparring with her brother. If she was being perfectly honest—and with not even the slightest bit of bragging despite her tendency to do just that—she was hands down way better than the boy in any kind of self-defense. If it were anyone else, she wouldn't even think twice, but this was her brother, and she didn't want to hurt him seriously.

I can beat him just fine without exerting too much effort anyway, she thought to herself with a smirk.

With a satisfied huff, she walked out the door to his living room. Jonghyun got up with a groan and followed.

"Hey, I was just trying to trigger that little beast in you," the twenty-two year-old said, making a beeline towards the fridge to fetch Hyerin and himself some water, "and look—it worked!"

"Yes, whatever." She rolled her eyes with a grin and sat in one of the stools in front of the kitchen counter.

Her eyes passed Jonghyun's expensive condo; Jonghyun was rich for his young age, and it was the result of his career as a well-known model. Since a teen, it was pretty much laid out in front of him, what his future would be. With his natural charming looks and chiseled body courtesy of his obsession with working out, it was no doubt he was going to be very successful in that kind of industry.

"What are you looking at, Rin? Finally realizing how hot your brother is?" Jonghyun chuckled, sliding the glass of water across the counter.

She caught the glass with both hands. Her nose crinkled. "Ew. Don't say that. It's weird. Kind of incest-y." Jonghyun stuck out his tongue at her. "But as much as I would terribly hate to admit it, yeah. You are looking pretty good lately."

"O-kay. That does sound a little incest-y."

"A little?"

He shrugged. She took a sip of her water.

Jonghyun sighed and rested his elbows on top of the counter. "So how's dad? Still busy with work?"

Hyerin nodded. "Mhm. But he has the day off today and tomorrow from what I can remember, though we all know he's just avoiding the load of stress waiting for him," she said. "In fact, I think he's making dinner tonight. Want to come over?"