Boy Hunting II

"What the-" Hyerin barely dodged the ball coming towards her at 75 miles per hour. What a way to start my day, she thought, shaking her head.

It was Thursday and P.E. was her first period. Hyerin was peacefully minding her own business, trying to get at a steady running pace at the track when a baseball came flying her way. It was a good thing she dodged it quickly, or else the nurse would have had her first visitor of the day.

"Sorry!"

She turned around and saw a boy in a red cap coming towards her. He jogging past and took the ball from the ground.

"Sorry 'bout that," he huffed as he walked to her. "My teammate is not having the best of days."

"It's okay..." she trailed off, staring at him wide-eyed once she realized it was one of her targets.

"You were pretty damn fast there. This ball could have hit you straight in the-"

He stopped mid-sentence just when he was a couple of steps away, having a clearer view of the girl. "Huh. You sure you're okay?" he asked, voice suddenly sultry. He started advancing towards her again. "Just tell me if you're hurt anywhere, I'll gladly carry you to the nurse's office."

Hyerin frowned at the look he was giving her. "No. I'm perfectly fine," she icily retorted.

"Oh yeah, you're fine." He raised a brow, smiling slyly. "Very fine."

She didn't bother hiding her grimace.

"Why haven't I seen you around here before?" His eyes were slightly squinted, his right hand casually tossing the ball in the air while the other was tucked inside his pockets. "Someone like you...I would have noticed you."

"I don't know," she said, folding her arms. "Maybe I wasn't trying to be noticed. This school is big. And it's not like we're in the same building."

"Ah, so that means you know which building I'm in? Well," he chuckled. "Someone's been watching from the sidelines."

Now she was just pissed. Hyerin shook her head in disbelief. "Goodbye," she said, brushing past the baseball player and heading back to the track. Hyerin was not going to deal with him. Not today.

"Yo, Kai! What the hell are you doing!? Come back here!" one of his teammates exclaimed from the field.

"Yeah, just give me a second!" he shouted back, throwing the ball towards the player. He took his cap off and caught up with Hyerin who was already running on the track.

"So are you new here in Yeongnam?" he asked, running next to her in the same pace even though he wasn't in their class.

"Been here since freshman year."

"Oh. So, you know me, right? Or you've probably heard of me?"

She rolled her eyes and adjusted her ponytail. She kept running. "Yes." She found it the perfect time to act as douchey as Kris. For once, she didn't want to be the one chasing—literally—after the boys.

"So you've been to a Tiger game?"

"No."

"Oh."

"..."

"So do you have-"

"Will you leave me alone!?" she exclaimed. "Don't you have practice going on or something?"

He bit his lower lip to hold in his laughter and jogged backwards to face her. "Here you are having the chance to talk to someone like me and you're being so mean."

"I don't care. Why are you even here? You're not in my class!" she hissed. "Hell, you're not even in my year!"

"Damn, calm down," he laughed, a charming smile gracing his equally charming face. "At least tell me your name and maybe I'll stop bugging you."