Still the Same

"This is getting kind of boring," Hyerin mumbled, crossing her legs and propping her elbows on the table as she watched students dance to an overrated pop song.

Tao nodded, placing an arm around Hyerin's chair as he slumped in his seat. "I hate to admit it but yeah, it is getting kind of boring."

"Who the hell has that much energy to dance for more than two hours?" Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

"Them, apparently." Kris nodded over to where Xiumin, Kai, Sehun, and Lay were dancing.

"Psh. Party animals," Tao scoffed.

"Eh, whatever. I'm gonna go grab something to eat." Baekhyun stood up from his seat and went towards the buffet table.

"Oh my god! Is that who I think it is?"

"Oh, no way!"

"Isn't that Yongguk, the basketball team's point guard?"

"Is that his girl?"

"Woah, she's really pretty!"

Hyerin and the others stopped talking among themselves and turned to the commotion. Students were whispering to each other, their attention at the entrance of the ballroom. It seemed like someone just arrived.

"What's up?" Luhan asked, craning his neck to see what was happening.

"I don't know, something about Yongguk." Lay shrugged, doing the same thing as Luhan.

"What, he has a new girlfriend?" Kris asked as he leaned back on his chair, disinterested. "That kid will never change."

"Yeah, Yongguk's always been a playboy," Tao distractedly commented, trying to see past the people blocking his view. "He's even worse than Kai when it comes to–oh! Oh, I see them!" he suddenly exclaimed. "Yup, definitely a new girl. She's pretty too, and she kind of looks familiar–wait. Oh no."

"What?" Kris raised a brow, arms folded.

He gulped. "Uh-oh."

"Why? What's the matter?" Hyerin asked, standing up.

"Oh no, this is not good."

"Tao, quit shitting your pants and tell us what the hell's wrong," Kris said, glaring at the boy.

"Ugh, this is bad. Really bad."

Having enough of Tao's unhelpfulness, Hyerin sighed and stood on top of her chair. She scanned the ballroom entrance, for a while thinking nothing special was happening, when she suddenly spotted the basketball team's point guard with a familiar girl holding on to his arm.

Hyerin's eyes widened in realization.

It was Baekhyun's ex-girlfriend, Yoona.

"Hyerin, get your ass down from there before something dumb happens and you fall," Kris scolded.

Hyerin scowled. "I'm not clumsy."

"Yeah, well the people around you are."

She didn't reply as she stepped back down on the ground, brushing her skirt after.

"So what was so interesting going on there?" Lay asked.

"No, it's just that Baekhyun's..." Was it okay to say it?

"Baekhyun's what?"

"Yongguk's date is Baekhyun's ex," Tao bluntly said, sitting back down on the table.

The group shared a chorused 'ooh' when they finally understood what the situation was about.

"Should we do something?" Hyerin asked uncertainly.