Guilt

Luhan ran a hand through his golden locks and studied his appearance in the mirror; he was wearing his blue and red school uniform with his black shiny loafers. He fixed his collar, smoothing out the freshly ironed polo and nodded in satisfaction.

"Luhan! Breakfast!" his mother yelled from downstairs, startling him.

"I'll be there in a minute!" he replied, hoping that her mother would hear. Quickly, he grabbed his bag from the bed and went out the door.

He climbed down the stairs, heading straight towards the table to fetch himself toast.

"You're always rushing to school," his mother said, looking at him disapprovingly. "You never join me for breakfast anymore."

"Sorry, mom. I'm just really busy with school stuff lately so I do some work at school early to lessen it a bit," he lied. The truth was that he went to school early because it was the only time the dance studio was unoccupied. That way, no one could catch him practicing.

"You aren't even working yet, but you're tiring yourself already like this," she said. "On another note, how's your friend? The one you have art class with?"

"Oh, you mean Baekhyun? He's okay, I guess." He finished the last of his toast. "I need to go mom. Later!" He kissed her forehead before rushing towards the door.

"Oh, crap! My keys." He patted his pockets, but there was nothing. Groaning, he walked back inside and went upstairs into his room.

He searched everywhere, from his desk, drawers, and closet, but his keys were nowhere to be found.

"Laundry," he mumbled to himself. He rummaged through the laundry basket until he found the blazer he wore yesterday.

He felt up the jacket pocket and to his gratification, the object he had been looking for was there. He fished the keys out and threw his used clothes back in the basket.

"What is this?" Tucking the keys inside his bag, he unfolded a small piece of paper that was also in the pocket. He didn't remember taking down notes of any sort. Reading it, Luhan's brows furrowed; it was an address for something.

He tried recalling the events from yesterday, thinking hard if he was supposed to do anything today. Luhan was never one to forget important dates or meet-ups.

"Oh, man." Out of the blue, the image of a certain black-haired girl popped into his mind. He rested his forehead on the palm of his hand. How did she...?

He looked back down at the paper, reading it over and over again. Luhan was positive that the person who put this in his coat was Hyerin. It confused him though, how persistent she was on making him join that contest.

He sighed, sitting down on the ground. He looked out his window thoughtfully, crumpling the paper in his hand.

- - - - -

Exhausted was definitely an understatement to describe how Hyerin felt right at that moment.

Not only physically, but also mentally and even emotionally. Before she knew it, it was already Friday, and she was so tired of chasing after boys she didn't know, lying to them, and getting into unnecessary arguments with them. Because of this, she felt stressed and more irritated in and out of school. The guilt didn't help either.

It may not be obvious on the outside but truthfully she was a mess.

Hyerin sighed. She noticed that she had been doing that quite often than normal ever since she started this mission. "Let's get this damned thing over with," she muttered under her breath, opening the two-door entrance to a large room.