Mission Accomplished

Chanyeol pressed the earpiece further into his ear when he heard Chen murmur a string of profanities.

"Shit. Hyerin got bit," Chen hissed.

"What?" Chanyeol demanded. "What do you mean she got bit?"

"By a night crawler. She was pinned down," Luhan said. "But I think she's okay now."

Chanyeol felt his heart stir from the thought of Hyerin getting hurt. He sighed deeply, following his unit members towards the truck's whereabouts. "Don't we have to do something about that? Shouldn't we be taking her out of the mission!?" How could they just let the girl fight when she was clearly injured?

"Chanyeol, she'll be fine," Luhan assured. "For now, focus on your task. We can't let them get away."

"But-"

"Chanyeol," Luhan said sternly.

The tall boy scratched the back of his head in frustration as his unit finally came round the vehicle they have been looking for.

The engine was already running and the trunk was closed. To their dismay, it already started backing up and was ready to head out.

"Go! Go! Go!" Tao, the leader of Unit A, ordered. At once, they ran after the truck.

It was a good thing that it didn't drift too far away, so the five of them easily caught up. Tao jumped on the vehicle's front, landing roughly in front of the driver who, surprisingly, was human.

Tao growled and punched the glass, his fist breaking into the inside of the vehicle. He pulled the man through the broken glass and threw him to the parking lot. He jumped inside, easily kicking a crawler that was coming towards him.

Kris flew to the top of the truck with Lay in his arm. Once they landed smoothly on its metal surface, Lay retrieved a unique-looking dagger from his utility belt. He pressed a button around the handle and the knife extended a few more inches, spikes poking out of the blade. He stabbed the surface of the truck and proceeded to make a big circle for an opening.

Meanwhile, Kai had teleported Chanyeol and himself inside the truck, catching the night crawlers by surprise.

As Chanyeol proceeded to attack with his fireballs, Kai choked a crawler from behind, using a trench knife to stab it in its chest. Another crawler came and bared its teeth as if preparing to sink its dentures on Kai's flesh. As it lunged at him, he used the dead crawler as a shield from the others bite.

Kai opened the vehicle's trunk, exposing them to the deserted street. With all his strength, he threw the two night crawlers outside. Not too long after, Kris and Lay finally managed to break inside the truck as well.

Tao, at the meantime, was fighting with two night crawlers over the wheel.

He kicked the creature that was controlling the vehicle outside the window. He was pulled back by the other crawler to the passenger seat, kicking him multiple times until blood was coming out of his mouth. With all of Tao's strength, he pushed it off, but the monster was persistent. It came crawling back to him, slamming his head unto the headboard before opening the passenger door and pushing him out of the truck.

Tao managed to hold on to the door's handle, feet dangling in the air.

"Fuck!" he hissed, trying to regain his footing inside the truck but the crawler was swerving the steering wheel from left to right.

"Tao!"

Tao's head whipped around to the sound of his name, only to see the M-LX van keeping up with the truck.