Winter Formal of Bullshit

"This is not part of my schedule for today," Hyerin groaned, taking an earring and putting it on her left ear.

"Hyerin, here are your shoes."

Hyerin turned around and walked towards Hwayoung, her father's stylist. "Thanks. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if you weren't here." She shook her head before putting on the other earring.

Hwayoung had been her father's personal stylist ever since he got big as an entrepreneur, so once Hyerin started living with Myungjae, Hwayoung had been the one to fix her up during formal gatherings. In this case, she was going to attend her winter formal at the last minute.

Although Hyerin knew how to fix herself up pretty decently, it gave her a big relief when Hwayoung knocked on their door, saying that she was sent to fix her up. She silently thanked her dad who she was sure was the one who sent her in.

Speaking of her father, she hasn't seen him around lately, and the only time she got to actually see him was when he gave them new equipment for their mission. Even then, he left as soon as he arrived.

"Hwayoung," she mumbled.

The shorthaired stylist looked up from putting on Hyerin's shoes. "Yes, honey?"

"Have you seen dad lately? Like, did he ask you to come over to prep him up for an event or something like that?" she asked.

Hwayoung shook her head. "Nope," She went back to putting on the girl's shoes, "I was asked to stop by here next week, though. I guess he's pretty busy with work stuff. You know how your dad is."

Yeah, I know how my dad is. I know that he'll probably just let his secretary suffer from all the work and focus more on M-LX. She sighed at the thought of Myungjae forgetting his own daughter.

Beep! Beep!

Hyerin was startled by the car horns coming from outside. "Oh shit," she mumbled, looking up at her wall clock. It was exactly seven o'clock.

After putting on her shoes, she swept the curtains to the side and looked out her window. A black BMW was parked in front of the gate with the hazard blinkers on. Whoever was picking her up was already here.

"I need to go now," Hyerin said, quickly taking her purse and putting all the necessary things inside it.

"Oh, your date's here?" Hwayoung asked.

"Oh, um," She scratched her head before gawkily answering her question, "Uh, yeah. Something like that."

"Okay then, but let's get you to the mirror real quick and see if there's anything wrong with your outfit," Hwayoung said, pulling the girl in front of her mirror.

Hyerin was dressed in a short ivory strapless sweetheart dress, the bodice completely covered in rhinestone and the skirt layered in just the right length. Her pumps were also the same ivory color. Her long black hair was swept to the side in big loose curls, make-up accentuating her best features. The look was completed with simple yet elegant silver jewelry.

"You look wonderful, Hyerin." Hwayoung beamed at her, scrunching up her curls before pushing her towards the door. "Now go hurry and leave! I'll lock up the house."

"Thanks, Hwayoung!" Hyerin waved at her. "You really did an amazing job," she said lastly before shutting the door behind her.

Hyerin climbed down the stairs and grabbed her coat before heading towards the door. With one last breath, she stepped outside.

She walked over to the gate and unlocked it. She glanced briefly at the parked BMW in front, wondering who possibly picked her up.

As if on cue, the driver's door opened, and black loafers stepped down on the concrete. Her eyes trailed up from his shoes to his face, surprised at who it was.