Kiss the Cook

Hyerin got up to her feet, finishing her fifth back flip. As she caught her breath she grabbed an unopened water bottle from the ground.

Agent Zero nodded before turning to his clipboard, rapidly writing on it. "I must say, agent, you've improved tremendously. Your stamina, speed, strength...everything improved."

"I know. I can feel it," she said after finishing her water. She tossed it to the side before adjusting her ponytail. "I feel like I can go on forever. I'm not tired at all. I feel myself getting stealthier."

"I don't know why this is the case when you didn't even go through the 2X700-3XO. It's supposed to be only the boys who would be getting these effects, but your improvement is very much needed so there's no harm in that. Well done," he said, smiling at her when he turned serious again. "Although you must work on your reflexes and flexibility, agent. A hit that you fail to dodge can lead to fatal consequences."

"Understood, sir," she said, turning to watch the others.

Every three months, M-LX held their general examinations for all agents from every department to keep track of their improvement. For EXO, a group of evaluators and observers came to see their abilities. They were not allowed to use their power as the purpose of the examinations were to see where they were at in terms of combat skill, agility, and stealth.

On one corner of the room, Xiumin and Lay were dodging metal discs thrown at them by an automated machine. They showed off their quick reflexes and flexibility, skills that Hyerin needed to improve on. In the middle of the gym, Kyungsoo, Tao, and Kai practiced their combat skills and strength, using wooden planks and concrete bricks (mainly for Kyungsoo) and other materials to demonstrate their strength. To the side, Luhan, Kris, and Chen displayed their excellent aim and their weaponry skills, using bow and arrows and various types of daggers to hit targets from large distances. Lastly, Suho, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Sehun, were at the corner of the room flinging knives at dummies and shooting guns with tricks thought impossible. 

Earlier that day, they were also tested on their speed, stamina, and intellect. They did rotations for each category since the wee hours of the morning until now.

After a good ten minutes more, their examination finally ended and the thirteen of the gathered around Agent M.

"Everything," Agent M started, staring down in bafflement at the clipboard in his hands. "Everything improved. Combat skills, strength, stamina, intelligence, everything! This is both excellent and absolutely outrageous!" he exclaimed, laughing in excitement. "Even your physical appearances are enhancing. It is really very outstanding."

It was subtle changes - lean biceps were starting to slightly bulge out, calves were getting harder and abs shaping into six packs. They looked fit and healthy. Even the ones who weren't initially the active types looked fit compared to their lanky appearances then.

 "Are these from the effects of that 3XO machine thing?" Tao asked, folding his arms across his chest.

"Yes, it is mostly because of that, but the rest is from your hard work during training," Agent M explained, clapping his hands together. "You did an excellent job today agents and keep up the good work. You are dismissed!" he said, winking briefly at Hyerin before storming out of the room.

"Dad wai-" Hyerin called out, but her father was already out the door. She sighed, scratching the back of her head. He really didn't have time for her nowadays.

She turned around and caught Kyungsoo's eye. He nodded at her before looking away to talk to Chanyeol. The latter also met gazes with the girl, giving her a small smile before turning back to Kyungsoo.