Bleeding Out

“Good evening,” one of the Xinths in charge of the main entrance security at the Park Hyatt Hotel greeted in a monotone voice. “Name and social security, please.”

Chen smiled casually at the alien, the edges of his mouth feeling uncomfortable from the dried latex pulling at his skin. “Daehyun Jung,” he answered, “654-62-7578.”

The Xinth looked down at his handheld device and punched in the social security number. Chen licked his lips as he stared at the Xinth, heartbeat quickening from nervousness.

Please work, he desperately thought.

The device’s screen blinked green three times before the Xinth nodded and made way for Chen to pass through and enter the hotel.

“Enjoy your night, Mr. Jung,” the Xinth said before moving on to the next guest.

“You too,” Chen mumbled, fully entering the fancy venue with a sigh of relief.

Without further ado, he made his way past the other guests dressed in formal clothing and headed towards a corner where no one was around, taking a glass of white wine from a waiter’s tray along the way. He situated himself against the marble walls and pressed his earpiece against his ear.

“This is Chen,” he whispered. “I got in. It worked.”

“It did? Oh, thank god,” Luhan sighed, tilting his head back against the headrest of the van, laptop situated on his lap. “For a moment there I thought my laptop was going to crash from hacking into the government’s database. It was tough but I managed to put your forged identities into the system right on time. Everything should be perfectly fine from there.”

“Good to hear,” Chen said, eyes scanning the people lingering in the lobby with him; they were not necessarily having a good time but they were not exactly running around screaming either. “Nothing much is going on around in here. Everyone is calm so I’m guessing no one has done anything out of the ordinary.”

“Good. How’s your disguise holding up?”

“Uh,” he mumbled, hand instinctively traveling up to his ‘new’ face. Facial prosthetics was not comfortable at all. “Security didn’t recognize me so it’s okay, I guess?”

“That’s always a good thing,” Luhan sighed. “So what do you want me to do now?”

“Just go ahead and let the other two come in. Keep the others on hold until I give you a go signal.”

“Understood. I’ll get in touch with the two. 10-23 for now.”

“Alright,” Chen mumbled, taking a large sip of his wine before pouring the rest of its contents into a large potted plant beside him, placing the glass on the tray of the waiter passing him in the lobby.

“Okay.” Luhan straightened up in his seat before rapidly typing on the keyboard. He adjusted the headphones on his head as he waited for the two to respond.

“Hello?” Luhan called out.

“Luhan?” Kris answered.

“Hey,” Hyerin answered as well.

“Hey guys. The hack worked and I managed to let Chen pass. He’s already inside the hotel. It’s your turn now. What's your 10-20?”

“I’m already in line to check-in,” Hyerin answered, her three-inch stilettos giving her a clear view of the sea of people around her.

“As well as I,” Kris said.

“Good. Stay alert and make sure your facial prosthetics are in tact. I’ll let you know if anything comes up. Keep your eyes open.” With that, Luhan broke out of the connection to contact the others.