Ch : 3 Don't do it, Mew

Mew-Pov

I cannot believe my board members are doubting Gulf's ability. I am not a fool to just merge a whole company with mine if I didn't see any potential.

This is ridiculous.

I stood up. Gulf is looking at me with confused expressions. I smiled at him, and addressed the gentlemen.

I can feel that they are afraid of the future, they need accuracy, elite is an unpredictable world, anything can happen.

"Gentleman, I understand your concerns. We clearly saw the downfall of the department but it doesn't mean that the company is in water. We can clearly see the hard work of the team members as well as the leader, Mr. Traip." I looked at Gulf. He is looking at me intensely.

"The department made a mistake.. but we can't just sit around pampering it. We need to move on at some point. Mistakes are part of us, it happens and we learn from it."

"Mr. Traip is very successful businessman as we all agree. I am very sure that the mistake will not repeat ever. But we can't make promises, can we ? We don't know what obstacle is waiting for us ahead of the road."

They seem to think about it.

"We don't know if the chance we are giving will be successful or not, but it's uncertainty should not stop us from trying, right ?"

They hummed in response.

"Mr. Miles, no offense but you passed from the same kind of situation 6 months ago, you were at Mr. Traip's place once, if we didn't provide you membership in the industry, would you be sitting here today ?"

Mr. Miles looked down.

"You are successful because you were given chance and we are proud of you to have us here with us today, Mr. Miles."

He smiled and agreed.

"Yes, Mr. King, you are right. I approve the fund." Mrs. Goldsmith said.

"I approve, Mr. Traip." Mr. Miles and Mr. Shyan agreed.

"We all approve."

Gulf was smiling widely. I can feel his happiness radiating from him.

And again, there it is, the unnatural feeling, his soul is not innocent, I can feel it but it doesn't change the fact that it still attracts me.

'What is your secret Gulf ?

He suddenly looked at me, staring directly into my eyes, giving all kind of emotions, I can't differentiate them. I never failed to feel what the other is feeling, what is it about him?

"Thank you, Lucifer. If it wouldn't be for you, I don't know what I would do.." He said smiling and looking down.

"Mr. Traip.."

"Gulf.. call me Gulf." He said.

"Gulf.. I just saw the things in you that other failed to see. I just draw a direction to your path, you still need to claim and walk to destination, you see ?" I said looking directly at him.

He smiled very widely, presenting the perfect teeth, heart-shaped smile. My non-existance heart skipped a beat.

"I didn't say something amusing, or did I?" I asked, returning his smile.

"No, Lucifer, I just think that you are very poetic. It suits your personality. You are a walking mesmerising poem." He said and I froze on the spot.

He also seemed to realize the compliment. He looked down suddenly.

"I.. I am sorry, Lucifer. I don't know why I said that." He said immediately, now looking at me.