Ch : 44 Let the show begin

Gulf-Pov

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. This is not happening. And me being an extra ordinary human is not helping either. My mind went to all possibilities but just one thing is the most common between them is..

It's all a lie..

I opened the box and saw a golden ring, with a green stone on top of it. It's the same ring, more like a couple ring someone else has.

Yes, it's the mate-ring but.. it's not his. It's Leila's ring.

What do I make of this? Does he know that Leila hasn't had the ring past 20 years? Does he know that I have the ring for past 20 years?

Does he know that I am the owner of this ring for 20 years?

Owner of the ring.

'The one who is the owner of the ring.. is considered as the mate of the other.. you don't need to wear it. It depends on the ownership. The owner of the rings are mates.'

I remember him telling me this. So all this time.. all this fucking relationship.. all of this loveria is happening just because I became his mate because of this ring..

Which I didn't even know I had. We fall in love because of the ring? We stayed together because of the mate-bond?

My parents died and I became the owner of all the things that belonged to them.. it makes sense.

So.. it's all a lie?

Does he know? Does Leila know? If he knows then I don't know what to think.. but he can't lie, can he?

I want to cry because all of this has been an illusion. A beautiful illusion. But the tears won't come. Good. I went numb. I don't know what I am thinking.

My fucking love for him was because of this shit ring. His obsession and protectiveness for me was because of this fucking mate-bond.

Evangeline also told me that our love is even stronger than mates. How the fuck did I miss that?

Of fucking course, it would be the strongest bond. Because the mate-rings are making us believe that. How perfect that is?

I want answers now. He has no fucking right to control my life like that. He has no right to make me love him because all of this is planned by this stupid ring. He has no right to say that all my life has been a lie.

Why did he give this ring to my parents? What was the intentions of doing that? Was this all a plan of him? Why did he do that 20 years ago?

Was this.. was this his plan all along? To make me fall for him because he knew that I was Leila's blessing? Did he know everything?

But.. but.. he can't lie, right? Of course, Gulf. He is the Devil. Haven't you heard what they say?

He is the prince of lies.

I was pulled by him because of this ring. The ring made it all possible.

HE HAS NO FUCKING RIGHT!

I guess we need to talk, mate.

"EVANGELINE." I called in the room to no one.

"EVANGELINE. COME HERE NOW." I shouted again.

I suddenly felt a presence behind me. I turned around and saw her. She appeared out of thin air. I didn't forget to wear the mate-ring, too.

"Ready to journey to hell?" She said smiling.

"He is in hell?" I asked.

"Of course."