Ch : 17 I am sorry

Gulf-Pov

I reached my company and started working. My asshole of a friend Mild still isn't talking to me. Aside from that, everything is good.

Everything is going okay. There is no new drama, for now at least.

The first thing I did was to call the NGO. They were surprised why I didn't call them before and of course I felt guilty. That NGO is my second home. I am never making the same mistake again.

Aside from that, I also called my neurologist to see if she found anything new in their research on my mind reading ability. The neurologist is a close friend of mine. But she says that it is quite unnatural and she didn't find anything. She suggests that I try to solve this by approaching supernatural angle. If science wasn't able to prove it, how would mysterious supernatural world be able to solve this ?

Okay, I still have time for that new angle but I am glad that I managed to get on track of my life.

Life is good.

But it's not if Mild isn't in it. I need to talk to him by any chance I get.

I called the reception for Mild.

Knock. Knock.

"Come in, Mild."

Mild entered. He looks tired. This bitch needs to get laid.

"Need something?" He asked without looking at me.

"Yeah, seat down here." I gestured him on the seat.

He hesitated first but sat down further.

"Mild, can you talk to me, please? Even though I can read your mind, I would like to hear it from you."

He just looked at me blank and looked down again.

"I am not going to sugarcoat my words. I do feel neglected by you."

"And I am extremely shameful for that. You are my only friend, as I am yours. It will not happen again, I promise." I tried to reassure him. He is an easy personality. If he gets upset easily, he can forgive easily too.

"Yeah.. I am also sorry for my harsh words about Mr. King. I shouldn't have suggested you to separate your company from him." He also apologize. I feel so happy. I managed to get him back again.

"Yeah, you are a bitch. It's in your nature." I laughed at his angry expressions.

"Takes one to know one, bitch no. 2." Of course he would fire back.

"I am so glad you forgave me, I don't know what would I have done without you."

"Who said I forgave you? You owe me dinner for the rest of your life."

Gutter of food.

"I will see if I can. Don't go around begging if I don't treat you."

"Asshole. I am not cheap, you pay me well."

"That I do."

"So, will you have dinner with us tonight?"

"Who is in 'us'?" As far as I know it's always been Me, Mild and Kyle.

"Us means.. Me, Kyle, Boat and Kaownah."

That's interesting. So, Kaownah is close to him. That's news.

It wouldn't be news if I had paid more attention in my best friend's life.

"Are you close? You and Kawonah ?"

"Yes, I would say. He took care me, remember? At the bar. When you left me." He made a fake growl.

"I already apologized. No need to remind me."