After

Surprise to no one the pillagers retreated after their leader was taken down, and the people rejoiced. All felt right for a solid ten seconds-

Puffy felt the pull, the pull back to the dead. Her mission was finished, she never belonged here. It was Tommy's unknowing duty, she was sure of it. He accidently raised her, it was the only way. Maybe Tommy could raise others?

Eret's face was stained with ash, lines from tough rock over his face. Yet he smiled, no he grinned.

"Puffy we did- PUFFY!"

She let out a faint smile, and collapsed into his arms. The other panicked, watch her featured pale in a matter of seconds. He knew it was going to happen, but it still hit hard.

"Puffy please!" Eret cried, holding her as they both fell to the ground.

...

"It was never meant to be."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quackity held his head, the ache it produced was starting to really be a bother now that it was quiet. His blue jacket was brown with Wil's blood right across the middle, and the beanie was full of glass. The Mexican's hands were lightly cut, from all the shards that flew in the sky a minute ago.

Nikki couldn't contain herself, she ran into Quackity and hugged him, nearly crying.

They held each other with the comfort of the possibility their enemy could die. It was a cruel, terrible thought. But they didn't care, for them Dream deserved it.

"Hello friends-"

Quackity pushed Nikki back and immediately swung a fist at the figure before it sunk in. Pale  orange sweater, red fuzzy beanie-

"I mean we could stand here like this but I'd like to get my body out of this hellscape." Wilbur scratched his  head, "It's right up there, I seem to be a little out of it though."

Tommy rushed over to the floating brother, going right past him and back up the stairs, he felt the  change of wind. Wil should be right up here, where he had been. The older was propped against the wall, faint blue tears staining his face. Tommy ran right up to him, hot tears flowing from his bright sky eyes.

"I'm sorr-"

Wilbur shushed him, arms tight around his brother. It felt warm, and meant. Tommy had a hard time letting do, but they had to get moving. Wil waited for the others to come up to them, watching Bad half carry a blue man up the stairs. Quackity flew past him, skipping over two steps and laughing. "You son of a bitch!"

Wil grinned, watching the Mexican step out of the way. There stood Nikki, silent and blank faced. She said nothing, just walking over to him and wrapping arms around Wil. The taller ran a hand through her hair, a weak smile on his face.

"I would kiss you but I think if I bend down I might fall." He joked, Nikki leaned against his hand. She bit back a joyful sob, and stood on her toes. Their lips locked, feeling the stress building in both of them melt away at the contact. It felt like years before it ended, but it was only a couple seconds before a cough from Skeppy broke it up.

Wilbur leaned against his girlfriend, and held Tommy's hand as they started out. Quackity grabbed a torch and lead them. Through the mineshafts, the quiet echo of steps from the group. Quackity broke in the sealed off exit, ramming into it strategically to make the stones shift. After a couple minutes one fell. Then Tommy helped him by pushing the rest out with a little gust of wind. His eyes flickered, but the blue seemed more dominate at the moment.

Quackity let out a holler as the natural breeze hit his face. The sun was bright, but as he squinted the Mexican lavished the feeling. There were people crowded outside, looking at them for a minute before Tommy spoke.

"We got it you fuckers!"

Cheers.

Karl ran forward, scanning over who was hurt. He took Skeppy from Bad who protested, Karl felt his insides twist.

"There's something you should see Bad." Sap added, stepping up behind Karl. There was a sorry look in his eyes, "In fact it's probably something you all should," Sapnap bit his lip and tried to keep his voice stead, "They were good people."

Karl took Wilbur and Skeppy to the medical tent, and Sapnap lead the rest of them to a field. It was fairly deserted, except for a couple people. Dream was being held back by Fundy and Philza, each looking like they wanted to tear him apart themselves. Eret was sitting in the grass, holding the hand of an unmoving Puffy.

Bad saw familiar mixed hair and let out a yell, dropping to Ant's side. He was already cold, the warmth of his personality sucked away. There was a piece of cement wedged in his heart, and a deep cut into his shoulder. A few feet away Dream laughed, it was a slow concentrated laugh.

"Nope." Sapnap grabbed onto the general and held him back. Bad was ready to completely murder this muffin, to throw him into the ocean and watch the life leave him. Oh he wanted Dream to see what Ant felt-

A sob cut him off, and he noticed Sam holding something. There was a bloodied sword at his side, and the warden held something close to him. Quackity caught a glimpse of it and ran over.

"No no no no..." Quackity slid to a stop next to Sam. There was Ponk, his eyes glassed over and foggy. Sam let out another moan as the Mexican leaned over and shut his eyes. Then he just looked like he was resting, sleeping.

Dream laughed harder, and Phil punched him in the gut. Suddenly a book fell out of his pocket, and Dream's eyes widened. Nikki was quick to snatch it before the murderer could kick it into a bush.

Guide to the Chosen.

Nikki flipped through the first couple pages, finding the subtitle shocking.

Trading Lives.