The Deadly Nightshade {}

Sparring was a good outlet, he often found himself overwhelmed by the amount of talking involved in a day. Sadly eyes still followed him everywhere, recently even on jobs. Some were there for a good reason, he was the youngest candidate to be the League's next leader. Some though wanted him gone.

Ponk was the little potion prodigy of the League. His medical skills outweighed many, and that was a valuable skill in a group of people who did more damaging than helping. Yet as the years went by he started to change.

"Purpled we are killing innocent people-"

"Ponk you know it's our job, survival of the strong."

"Purpled how many people have you even killed this week?"

The mercenary known as Deadly Nightshade scowled, "Well you refused to kill your hit so I've killed six, I got another today."

"Purpled can you at least-"

Snap

"What was that?"

Ponk put his hand on his distracted brother's shoulder, "Listen after today, just meet me in the town square outside of the hit location okay? I need to show you something."

Nightshade sighed, "Yeah yeah yeah just don't get in my way alright?"

The hit was to take place in the kingdom of the SMP, supposedly a high enough pay to support them for a fucking year. It was an anonymous contact, and Purpled had already decided he would do it sniper style. The target was tallish, blonde and tan with bright cyan eyes. That's all Purpled was given, and hell he's worked with less.

Longbow was easy enough to pass as a hunting weapon, so he quickly climbed to the roof of an apartment complex. The only other thing he kept with him was an enderpearl, just in case he needed a quick out. This was a light job, fairly easy specs.

If push comes to shove, some political or whatever he was gonna shoot tonight wasn't gonna stand a chance against him. Hence the name Deadly Nightshade. Swift kills that start slow with anticipation, and speed into a messy end. The arrow tip was laced with said plant, just in case he missed a vital.

Purpled always hit his mark, but it was formality.

The hitman settled in along the roof, waiting for the night to begin. It was an outer city of the SMP, under Schlatt jurisdiction. Though the only way you could tell was the massive impact of barley farming the area had. Hours went by, people came and went from the bar. No one matched the description, and he set the bow down to go back through his notes.

Purpled sifted through the pages, blonde... tall, cyan eyes, tattoo on upper shoulder blade... Probably a deserter of the League, no other group had the same marking spot. Who could be this high profile?

Finally someone came out of the bar matching the description, except his hair was tucked under a white hood. The eyes were different to, almost icy.

"What the hell..." Purpled muttered, drawing back the string of his weapon. This had to be the target, no one else matched the description all night.

Except Deadly Nightshade.

The teen froze when the figure instantly picked him out on the roof, and Purpled's arm dropped. Was that-

A heavy object hit the young killer in the back of the head, and he stumbled forward. Luckily he was able to raise his bow to block a sword slash from behind. It was maybe three League members, one female with a red hood launched a spiked whip slash his way. Despite the blow to the head he dodged it, jumping over the painful iron string. Thank god pearls existed, he threw it back onto the ground. Just before he was pulled away by the end particles a throwing knife embedded into his leg. He screamed, just before finding himself on the ground where the courtyard was. Ponk please be here please!

Before he could get up the grounded member tackled him. Pushing Deadly Nightshade to the ground, hitting over and over...

Just before the other three attackers joined in he caught sight of the imposter's face.

"PUNZ WHAT THE HELL WHY-"

Even such a feared mercenary wasn't unstoppable, and at the fifth bash to the head he was out cold.

——————————————————————-

Waking up was a grueling yet quick process. Nightshade was cold, and noticed his indigo jacket was gone. The tattoo was easy to see on his bare chest, and he heaved in heavy breaths.

It was all quartz, bright lit quartz walls, ceiling, and floors. There was a tall man, maybe two years his senior talking to grey skinned villagers. Purpled made a move to join them, but quickly realized he was tightly stuck upright.

God damn this couldn't be good at all.

"Hey!" Purpled shouted, "What the hell who are you!"

The only human smirked, bright jade eyes peeking out from dirty blonde hair. He whispered something to the creatures, and pulled out a box. It was shiny and silver, with about three syringes in it.

Just then Nightshade noticed he wasn't the only one against the wall. There were a set of twins, and another limp figure. The twins looked to be in tears in the limp figure's direction, so Purpled assumed he was dead.

"I'll take the one on the end, be careful with Nightshade he's a little younger than the usual..."

"WAIT A SECOND FUCK NO!" Purpled blurted, and pulled his arms the best he could. All that came of it was a slight shake, and the twins sobbed farther down the wall. A grey villager walked up to him, and a long grey hand pressed him still.

The other claw like hand brought up a needle, attached to a tube of squirming purple liquid.  He screamed as it plunged through his skin, pain cycling through his body like he'd never felt before-

"Purpled it's okay it's okay calm down calm down!" A muffled voice urged, as his vision blurred darker into a more sand like yellow. Feeling returned to his shaking arms, and he felt his eyes open to the cell. Sam had the shaking shadow pulled onto his lap, an arm under his head and the other wrapped around his midsection.

"Oh my god you're awake right Purpled please tell me-"

"Yeah, I'm awake." He said quietly, voice tired and raspy. Sam pulled him closer, almost coddling him like a child. For once, Purpled didn't pull away. In fact he curled tighter, finding comfort in the warmth.

"How much of it was real Sam?" He croaked, eyes fluttering with exhaustion. The older pursed his lips together.

"After about an hour they let me in with you, Purpled whatever that was... you just wouldn't stop."

"Sam is it gone, did Dream actually-"

Sam pulled him closer as an answer, and Purpled buried his head in the warden's chest as fresh guilt and grief racked his body.