Nails []

Techno appeared in the air, floating like a beam of sunlight streaming through a window. There was a brief moment of silence, and then the whistle on the trolley blew again. Purpled and Quackity winced, they weren't used to things as high tech as a fucking people train. All Quackity could think about was the large cargo train that used to run through Mexican L'manburg when he was really little. Sapnap used to wake him up real early so they could see it pass through the port at lightning speed, colors whirling together like water color. The cargo transport only ran for a couple years, and it was shut down when pillagers started to raid it.

Mexican L'manburg was largely self sufficient after that. Maybe that's what made them so vulnerable for a take over...

Philza shook him lightly, but there was still a sense of urgency. "You alright-"

"Yeah yeah what's even going on?" Quackity fumbled, rubbing the fuzzy feeling from his temples. Phil attempted to get off the trolley, only to be blocked by a force field.

"It's good to see you again Phil."

"Techno," He sighed, "What is this?"

The ghostly figure let out a sigh, and gazed into the distance, "Jack I cannot even, get your arse over here and help me."

Phil felt his blood freeze solid, and Purpled's did too. Jack as in dead Jack? As in died to Dream's experiment Jack?

A cold, shiver worthy whisper blew through the group. Purpled squeezed his eyes shut and dug his fingers into a pole. Just the presence of another soul was making his heart speed up. Techno noticed, and bit his lip.

"Second thought Jack we aren't trying to kill him, maybe not." Techno waved a hand in the air at a wall. Phil wrapped an arm around Purpled's waist and ran a finger up and down his spine. It was a strategy for panic attacks but hey, was worth a try.

Quackity growled, "This is some sort of game isn't it?"

Techno smirked, "I wouldn't call it a game, it's a simulation designed to help you decide. Let's start with the basics first,"

Tommy let out a frightened yelp as a tall man appeared out of thin air next to him. He was fairly girthy, about three times the eight year old's size and at least a good hundred pounds heavier than Schlatt.

On the other split track was three railway workers, each with a smile on their face and whistling tunes. Their small bodies were angled above the track, nailing in bits of wood.

Purpled waited for the cold to leave, and then he opened his eyes, there was a two way lever sticker out of the floor. If the shadow leaned forward he could reach it easily.

"If you pull that lever the trolley will switch tracks. Right now it's headed to the one the workers are on." Wilbur said, "It's a crucial part of the dilemma."

Tommy froze in his tracks as the trolley started to move, the man next to him dropped something. Before the younger could stop him the man stepped onto the tracks to get it. Thomas let out a yell, but his friends could only see the distress on his face over the whistle of the train. Wil waved a hand out to his brother, signaling for him to step back. The musician pushed past Purpled and the others as well.

His long fingers curled around the lever, "I'll show you how it's done. The trolley is going to crush anyone on the path you choose. The question is, do you take the life of someone who wasn't part of the equation by switching the track, or letting it kill the arrogant workers."

"That's sick son."

"It's life dad. The problem is a symbol for life, and what matters more. For example, Tommy kindly back up."

Wilbur smirked, and flicked the lever in the direction of the other man. Purpled let out a yell, and tried to draw on the shadows to stop it. He couldn't, and the man never even looked up from the ground before the trolley crushed him into a mangled pancake. Quackity let out a yelp, shielding his face as bits of blood speckled the trolley. Wil turned around to face his friends.

Before they knew what was happening Wilbur was switched out for Tommy, who instantly burrows into Phil's robe. The father glared at his oldest, and then to the sky.

"Techno I'm not killing anyone!"

The ghost's lips twinged in the slightest hint of a smile, "If you choose nothing the workers die anyway."

"Fuck you then, I'm not doing anything."

"What happened to the savage Philza who tore apart battles while I was gone?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." Phil muttered, still clutching onto Tommy with a renewed sense of paternal instinct.

"What's one more body Philza, be like me."

Phil kept his hold on Tommy, and pulled him in, "Techno you didn't used to be like this."

The ghost sighed, "I'm doing my best here, you think I signed up for this. Phil I watched your face, and I'm sorry."

Tommy and Phil didn't touch anything, and Mexican stepped forward.

"Easy." He flicked the lever towards the man, Philza looked at him in shock.

"How could you just-"

"Philza Minecraft there's a rule where I come from. Fools die like fools, and if he's spending that much time."

Techno snapped his fingers, "What if he was elderly?"

The man aged 50 years in about ten seconds, lines on his formally smooth face. Quackity flipped Techno off, "I'm an assassin dip shit, yes I happened to be on the side of greater good for this but you are forgetting I grew up in the wrong side. Techno this man means nothing to me."

Purpled switched the lever back, "The man's an innocent. We kill the workers, they are already in the way."

"You people are terrible!"

"I've done worse." Quackity and Purpled said in unison.

The workers and man vanished as the trolley set back again. Wilbur felt his gut freeze. Shouldn't the problem be over?

"The thing about the problem now a days, is for you guys everyone is involved. Let's say we switched some people out.

Schlatt was standing by himself on the track, a hollow smile on his face. Quackity let out a shout for him, but the figure didn't even flinch. Ant was on the other track, standing with a familiar face.

"Jack..."

Techno let out a little whine of discouragement, "Not him, but let's say for the sake of argument they are all actually here. Where does the lever go now?"

Silence. Quackity spoke after a second, as the trolley picked up speed.

"It goes on Ant and Manifold." The Mexican said, flipping it back. Purpled let out a distressed noise, obviously torn. He couldn't kill any of them! They weren't targets, some job!

Philza flipped the lever back to the other side, and Tommy could tell this was gonna be one really long night.