Able

Sam hadn't moved from where he stood, eyes locked on Purpled as the dust settles. Fighting surged, an suddenly a wave of heat hit the side of his face.

"NO!" Schlatt yelled, a large gust of wind blowing his hair to the side, watching the fire creep violently fast up the walls as he ran.

All seemed quiet, until the shadow dropped to his knees with a choke. Then it hit him, then it hit Sam.

As an attack from god knows where rushed in with kingdom armor and swords grinded together it hit him. Purpled was actually dying this time, no supernatural force to save him.

Actually. The. Mother. Fucker. Had. Finally. Done. It. Finally done himself in, oh god this was it.

Sam fell back onto a pillar, in a pure state of shock. Unable to comprehend the dying teenager in the middle of the room. As a battle surged between Kinoko and the League, as familiar faces resurfaced.

The soldier was completely blank.

———————————————————————-

"NO!" Schlatt yelled, grabbing the banner and sliding down it sloppily. He took off in the direction of his friend as Purpled's knees gave away. Punz tore the trident out, and Schlatt yelled again.

His hands shot forward naturally, a great red fire shooting straight forward at him. Punz splashed a fire pot, but that didn't deter Schlatt in the slightest. He stepped onto the platform with shaking fists.

"Round two mother fucker-"

Someone screamed, and Schlatt whipped around to find his boyfriend throwing someone into a pillar. The ceiling was beginning to crack.

Pain seared his shoulder as he refocused to find a throwable dagger in it. Schlatt caught his eyes, before pulling it out. Punz whitened, and twirled the trident hesitantly.

Quackity leapt to catch Schlatt's arm as he was going to throw the dagger back. "Don't ."

Schlatt angrily stuttered as Quackity folded his fingers lightly over the type. "Don't ."

His eyes were red, angry flames streaming down his face.  Quackity continued to stand between them. Punz stood heaving in air, preparing himself to fight. The bottom of his shoes squeaking in freshly spilt blood.

Schlatt shut his eyes, letting out a shaky annoyed breath. "What?"

"Schlatt Dream's gonna get away I need you to find them fast and get Fundy. I'll wrap up here, Purpled's fine just go please-"

"That's all you have to say to me?"

Quackity's sword drew, and he jumped in front as Punz launched forward. Quackity dug his feet in, holding them in place.

"GO!"

Schlatt took off weaving through fighters and enemies alike. He grabbed Sam's arm upon passing him.

"Help Quackity!" He urged, dodging an axe before continuing following his instincts. Hearing picking up on something out of the ordinary.

Breaking glass, repeated breaking glass. What
the hell was Fundy doing?

Quackity watched his own footing carefully. It would be right stupid to fuck up now. He'd made it so far, so far without being snagged. Now was NOT the mother fucking time to be caught with his feet twisted or his blade knocked from a loose grip. Punz pushed down hard, and Quackity felt the muscles in his neck stand out as he pushed back.

The Mexican jammed his right foot forward, throwing the other back off him. Each repositioning themselves as they circled. Quackity bent down by Purpled, checking his pulse before standing back up.

Well, not really time to dwell on that now. He had everyone else to get out of here. Distract or go for the takedown? That was the important matter right now.

Not the dead shadow- SHUT UP.

Punz winced, running a finger lightly along his ever so slightly burnt arm. The white sleeve was charred black, and tattered. He glanced at the shorter across from him, analyzing his stance. It was agile, full of hesitation. Two hands on the hilt to keep steady, and drawn back for the most forceful swing he could muster.  Yet with such a sturdy stance he moved differently from the average fighter, feet locked in flighty patterns.

Punz smirked, before flicking his eyes back to the ravenette's face. "You aren't from here are you? Not from them either, where you originate?"

"I don't speak high and mighty asshole but if you mean I'm not from there you'd be right. Might as well know since I'm going to kill you anyways."

"How are you gonna do that now?" Punz ran a tongue over his teeth, before charging forward. Quackity caught the trident hit with with a blade locked between the prongs, his elbow finding Punz's face. The leader took it in stride, twisting his weapon to make Quackity jerk to the side. He stumbled, one of his hands coming of the sword to break his fall.

Quackity twisted to land on his back, blade swiping at Punz to force him back. He threw himself forward, landing on his feet and stumbling into a three point parry.

Punz slid a hand down his trident, and pushed the metal rod forward to knock him back.

And thus continued the battle of two differently trained killers.