The Cave

Eret had gone to check on Connor, and to grieve Puffy with him. When he didn't find the other panic reigned supreme in his mind.

It fucking rained from the heavens when he saw bright red explode from the cave they held Dream in. Adrenaline speeding through his veins like a haste beacon effect.

It had awoken Bad and Skeppy as well. All of them rushed towards the cave, mentally preparing themselves for the worst.

Fundy gave them a rough explanation as he rushed back to get Quackity. Schlatt became the embodiment of fire, the rocks caved in. Schlatt won't answer them...

Once they reached the cave Wilbur was panting for breath, a large hand print of a burn across his chest. Skeppy bent down, dropped gracefully next to him.

The pale blue one pushed back the edges of his singed shirt, hands starting to glow, "Hold still this is gonna hurt."

Purpled caught the conversation at the edge of his focus, and leaned down on one knee and offering Wilbur a hand. The musician took it, and sucked in a breath.

"Do it blue boy, I'm ready."

The smallest ray of blue light left Skeppy's  middle three fingers, and began tracing over the damages skin and tissue. Wil squeezed his eyes shut and tried not to breath heavily. Purpled ran his thumb over the back of his hand.

It took Skeppy a total of two minutes to finish healing the massive burn. Purpled was sure his fingers were losing blood flow, Wil had a great grip. When he was done the musician's head fell back, exhausted.

"Guys I got it big enough to drop a pearl through to the other side!" Nikki exclaimed, turning back around. One of her entire arms was just black with ash from trying to move the rocks. Sam walked over to the opening, "Anyone got a pearl?"

"Who said you were going?" Fundy called, from about twenty feet away. Quackity jogged along behind him, soon just full on sprinting.

"Well I'm the one in fire resistant netherite I thought that would be a given." Sam snarkily added.

Eret was so god damn happy he actually had a solution to this, after that mess of a battle he didn't have many pearls left. "I've got three, so unlike you biased idiots I'm picking who I send in.

"Purpled has mild control of airflow right?" Eret asked, the shadow nodded.

"When it's being pushed along by my shadows, yeah."

"Alright you're going. Sam has to go, fire resistant as he said. Quackity you might not wanna-"

Zip.

Quackity chuckled as he looked back at them from inside the cave, "I'm a pick pocket bitch, nice try. I'm going."

Eret sighed, and handed a pearl to the other two. "Wil can you follow along?"

"Yessir." Wil said as his eyes shut, face glowing with luminous tears. A second later he appeared in the ghostly blue outline and floated into the cave. Sam and Purpled followed.

"Holy shit..."
————————————————————————
Ash, every single nook and cranny. Covered in the black substance. Smoke made the air hard to breath, and prickling fires still lived on in the edge of the walls. Purpled stuck his hands out, shadows spilling out and curling tightly around the cave. It brought in a nice gust of cold wind from outside.

Quackity was astonished, and a little mortified if he was honest. His foot crunched over something, and he froze.

"Don't look down." Purpled ordered, Sam gave the same desperate look. He walked back over to the entrance, "Go see if Ponk or Ant have changed at all."