A sunny start

Purpled adjusted his armor, the chainmail rustling on his shirt. The scars on his body felt cold, as he stood by the oak trees. Quackity was next to him, breathing slowly. The beanie was gone, lost somewhere in the last battle, his shiny black hair was warm against himself mid features.

Sam hopped onto a horse, his netherite tossed aside to become less noticeable. The sword remained though, the sword that held the blood of many.

Criminals.

Pillagers.

Monsters of the Night.

Monster of humanity.

And Ponk's.

It almost made his chest feel heavier, the unknowing of it all. Did Ponk want to be followed, or did he run for the sake of leaving them all behind? Did he go mad after death and stop loving him?

Stop loving the brother he worked so hard to get back.

Said brother had drifted back into his old ways, almost trying to get back into character of how he used to be. A killer, a cold blooded killer. A silent death, indestructible reaper.

Purpled was disgusted how easy it was to slip back into the cold waves, the shadows thriving in the dark thoughts. The sun seemed to dim around him, as he swung a leg over his horse.

"Well, let's go."

————————————————————————

Birds chirped, and the sound was sharp and clear. He hated the absence of noise, absence of laughter or even tears at this point.

Why he had even gone to see Dream that night he didn't know. Maybe it was anxiety, a feeling like the slippery murderer would slip back out of his grasp. That the demon would attack his friends, would suck the life out of him slowly...

Schlatt was lost, I mean physically he wasn't . But his mind kept him from wandering any further than a sunflower hill.  It reminded him of home.

God when was the last time he'd been home? A month, hell fucking three? His identity was stuck in a void.

The brunette sat on the edge of the hill, head on his knees. If the weather was cold he couldn't tell.

Just being away from his friends, his new family, his boyfriend. It made him cold, even in harsh sunlight. Made him realize that he hadn't been himself for a long time. Who was he?

A monster, a fucking hazard. Almost killed his best friend for reasons he couldn't even fucking remember. Never even talked to him a lot recently, just spent all his time fighting himself back.

If he could, he'd take it all back. Or maybe he wouldn't.

Maybe he was insane, and if that was the conclusion then Schlatt was better off alone.

So he wandered his hill, brushing past the orange flowers.

What the hell was he gonna do?

Go back? Go home? Abandon everything or take back his life?

Or sit here forever in this stupid sunflower field.

Ash: Hey guys just a little teaser! Will be more in the morning, so yeah I'm still sick but here it is. These chapter are gonna get longer, things are going to tense and I'm not sure how romance will twist. Ponk and Sam have torn apart, Quackity and Schlatt are slowly being pulled farther and farther apart. Wil and Nikki will face hardships of court, on top of the fact their lives are upside down. Fundy and Dream may get a little tension, who knows...

Yeah sometimes I read back the chapters and shiver at how I portray manipulation. For Fundy and Dream it's something where I can let them unfold by themselves. Yeah it may get just slightly suggestive so trigger warning for that. I spend this whole AU using aspects of the heart, did you really think I'd skip this part?