It was a pleasure

"I'm not sure what happened? I'm sorry Eret." Schlatt said, his face still red. Not from fire, but embarrassment.

"You realize you could have killed everyone right? Be honest how much of that do you even remember?" Sapnap jumped in. Schlatt could have sworn he just waited for moments like this.

"I don't remember."

"Schlatt you're a danger to everybody here-"

"Sap that's enough!" Quackity interjected, Fundy let out a low growl of agreement.

The horned one bit his lip, looking at the scorched path. Despite everything that happened, he had the urge to do it again. To light something ablaze.

His left hand shot a fire ball at the water, and he yelped. It sizzled, sending condensation into the air. Eret and Sapnap went ridged, each clearly agitated.

"It's not his fault, Schlatt never wanted this none of us did!" Fundy snarled, taking a stride forward to Schlatt's side. Karl quickly grabbed onto Fundy, locking him in a hold and pulling him away.

"No offense but I'm tired and I'd rather not fixed flayed redhead. Fundy you are either gonna calm down, or I'm not letting go of you."

The angry teen shook him off, but stayed rooted next to Karl, he gave Schlatt a sorrowful look.

"Maybe all this with the battles and Dream was too much for you. Schlatt maybe you should go home, leave L'manburg." Eret said sympathetically, "Take the time alone to control-"

"Wait so you're banishing me?" Schlatt laughed, "Isn't that a little much?"

Eret saw the anger radiating off the group behind him, especially Purpled. "Would you all please leave us to discuss this?"

With great protest Sam and the others left. The oldest noticeably stiffed as one of Eret's guards hid Schlatt and the group from his view.

Quackity and Purpled had stayed rooted in their spots. The shadow felt the tick in his brain to release, so he playfully twirled a small shadow in his hands. It winded tight, dancing as he smirked.

"You are not taking another member of my family from me." Purpled stated plainly, curling the free hand into a fist.

"Purpled I know once you calm down this will seem reasonable to you." Eret said calmly. The shadow shifted into a battle stance, and the leader of L'manburg sighed.

"Don't make me do this Purpled, calm down or I will not hesitate to use force."

Quackity actually laughed at that one, the sound making Schlatt's hair stand up. Purpled let out a small chuckle as well, "What the hell are you going to do against me?"

"Techno you owe me a favor, a ton of them, remember?" Eret smirked, "I know you can hear me, knock him out."

Purpled felt his face pale.

Techno don't do this. I saved your son, we are friends?

"Purpled please just let me in, stop blocking my control or I swear to the Blood God I will push you around until I win." Techno's voice echoed in his skull.

"You aren't taking more of my family Eret." Purpled snarled, just before his vision went black. Still he walked forward, swinging a punch. It was sloppy, and missed. When his legs fell out he felt arms wrap around him.

He only heard the beginnings of Quackity's struggle before Purpled blacked out.

———————————————————————-
"I'll do it. Schlatt sighed, "I'll leave."

"I'm coming with you-" Quackity started, before Sapnap folded an arm around his chest and pulled him closer.

"You aren't. It was a pleasure Schlatt, I hope we meet again one day. Under better circumstances of course." Eret stated, tossing him a rucksack of supplies.

"Yeah kiss my ass, I'll send you to hell myself one day. Once I figure out how." Schlatt growled, but started towards the woods.

Quackity caught the edge of his lips as he walked away, and the same word he always wondered about before the darkness absorbed the horned one.

Always.