Deadly

Fighting mercenaries wasn't the same as pillagers, that's for sure. Each at minimum trained like a special op. The tailored weapon style of each was hard enough to combat, excluding the fog surrounding them.

"DUCK!" Sam heard Purpled order, and he did. Dropping to the ground as a static blast of violet hurtled over his head. Someone screamed, and the warden tucked his limbs together to roll out of the way. An arm grabbed his shoulder, and he elbowed them in the face.

Ponk felt around for his brother, "Purpled stop it!"

A blue glow illuminated in the smoke, outlining a long three pronged staff. Ponk dashed out of the smokes clearing just in time. Fundy was already on the other side, dashing full speed down the hallway. It went as following, a sharp stroke forward...

The sword Sam held clashed with the trident, but the sheer force the blue object swung with knocked him back off his feet. Another sharp stroke backward, and a draw back to throw.

"SAM RUN!" He heard his brother yell. The smoke pushed backwards, off the main fight. Sam saw it cover a hallway, and darted into it. Ponk didn't even realize he was running after him until the purple cover clouded his vision.

Purpled laughed, and twirled his sword at the handle. He ended up holding it in reverse grip defensively, the other hand out with smoke billowing from his fingertips. The figure was unmistakably Punz, though he was a lot older and taller.

The trident made a metallic swoosh, Punz pulling it tightly to his side. His face that had been all smiles and charm an hour ago went stone.

"How are you alive?" Punz growled through gritted teeth. He sprung forward, weapons locking above both heads. Purpled twisted sharply, a roundhouse kick sending Punz backwards.

"If it makes you happier thousands of others have tried as well. You're in the majority Punz!" Purpled cheered, sidestepping out of a throw. He smirked as the trident burrowed into the wall.

Then a pained shout as the trident clipped him on the way back to Punz's grasp. The leader rolled his bright blue eyes. Clearly frustrated, he launched forward again. A low swing to knock out the shadow's feet, sending the other into a back hand spring out of the way. Punz took the opportunity, swinging his weapon again. Purpled was sent straight through a doorway. Punz knew he wouldn't stay down for long, and let out an annoyed whistle as he turned into the courtyard to see Purpled already up.

"Why would you come back here?" Punz asked, throat muscles tensing with each word. Purpled attacked this time, pushing off a pillar and jumping on top of him. Punz held his staff out with great effort, until he was low enough to the ground to kick Purpled over his head. Shadows spilled out of one hand, and Purpled caught himself with ease against his darkness. The leader felt true anger growing inside; He lowered his weapon and tapped the ground. A metallic whistle echoed through the barren courtyard.

"How is it after all this time you still can't beat me Punz? Like I don't even know that the fuck that thing is and I'm doing fine. You're weak-"

He launched into a kick, using the trident to gain momentum. Purpled took the blow with relative ease, but lost his sword in a defensive grip switch. Just managing to block the trident before the sword clattered to the floor, Purpled slid backward against the ground.

Shadows grew from his fingertips, until there was nothing. He was invisible, but Purpled knew it would be a short relief.

"Punz you know you can't beat me right? You never could-"

"NIGHTSHADE I SWEAR WHEN I FIND WHERE YOU ARE THERE ARE SO MANY THINGS I COULD DO TO END YOU!"

"Poor Punz, can't beat the little broken kid that only ever left when you convinced them to send me into a trap. Come on Punzy don't you remember why they called me Deadly Nightshade?"