The Worst Kind of Pain {}

Dream shut the cell door tight,  "I'm going to be honest every time I see you I get a little bit more anxious."

Purpled rustled, his bonds tight against the wall. Alright not knowing where Dream was? Extremely nerve racking!

"Yeah I get that a lot." Purpled mumbled, the statement drained of confidence. He bit his lip hard, attempted to draw on any feeling he had left. Dream put a hand on his shoulder, and Purpled braced for impact.

"You know of all people, you were always less of a threat when you had no one left to protect. It was true in the fight at House Blade, I say we test it again. Ranboo was the trigger wasn't he?" Dream asked, fingers running circles along the same spot. Purpled's breath hitched, and involuntary sped up.

"Don't you dare say his name!" The shadow growled, tears rolled out from under the blindfold. Dream shushed him, hand curling around the pendant chain around his neck.

Purpled I love you okay please don't forget me please don't lo-

The chain snapped, and Purpled yelled out a curse as he felt the absence of the dragon's breath against his chest.

"So it does mean something to you, what's it do Purpled? I could just drop it, looks fragile-"

"Woah woah woah Dream don't be hasty I'll tell you what you want just don't drop it." Purpled begged, and he felt the blindfold being removed. Dream leaned against the bars of the door, relaxed with new leverage.

"What's it do?"

"Allows me to speak to Ranboo, and Techno Blade when he was dead. I took a couple of the others into my mind to see Techno too with that thing." Purpled answered, his eyes trained on Dream's hand.

Some of the pain inflicted on him over the past hours was more apparent, but as usual he curled his fingers and ignored it.

"Does it make you stronger?" Dream asked, setting the pendant on the ground in front of himself. Purpled instinctively leaned towards it, and Dream chuckled.

"Answer."

"N-no, it doesn't ."

Dream grinned, "You lie." He stepped over to Purpled, something glinting in his hand.

"Wait a second Dream we can talk about this!"

It was quick, a slash across one side of his face. Purpled yelped, kicking Dream back. The murderer chuckled, "So it blocks pain then?"

Purpled could hear Sam banging on the other side of the wall, "Yes, it does."

"Even the worst kind?"

"Define the worst kind," Purpled asked, trying his best to quiet the pounding in his head, "Like physical?"

Dream smirked, "Oh come on you and I both know what kind you can't take."

A frantic laugh escaped the shadow, "And you and I both know no matter how hard you try, I always come back. Dream there isn't anything in my blood like the others it's in my soul. You can't become like me because you'll always be an insecure coward-"

Dream walked away, clearly angered as he picked the pendant up. "I can't kill you, Punz wants to do it himself."

"Oh come on you can't be serious, Ponk wouldn't let that go through."

"Punz doesn't have to tell him you know, your brother doesn't even know where you are. I'd make your peace while you can."

Purpled didn't change his expression, still a slight smile as blood dripped down his chin. "That doesn't bother me, Dream I came back here expecting full on to die here."

"PURPLED YOU LYING SON OF A BITCH!" Sam yelled from his side, and Purpled laughed a little. His chest ached, from the bruising he endured in that last fight.

Dream ignored Sam running a finger over the dragon's breath, "You know Ranboo is just about the only thing that made me lose. If he hadn't interfered I could have won."

"Dream wait."

"I win." The possessed friend of bad said menacingly, before dropping the pendant. Another crack formed, light magenta mist foaming out of it.

"NO!"

A iron toed boot crashed down into the floor, the sound of shattered glass barely heard over the distraught shadow.

After Dream left he wasn't sure how long he screamed for.