Please

Why can't I remember his name?

Do you remember yours?

Yes

That's all I'm leaving you with

Why so cruel?

It's what they asked of me, what they made me into

Who?

You shall find out soon enough. I'm taking what I can and leaving for there.

My memory of you isn't right, there's something missing

This will be easier for you to watch once I've taken it away

What about him? Please I just got him back I don't wanna lose him!

I wouldn't worry about him, I have no interest in that one. My strength is gone as well, and your body will not suffice.

What happens to me then?

Well my dear, I wouldn't get to excited.

You're gonna use me and kill me? Is that really all I get to bring to this? All I get after years of wrong?

The world's a cruel place.

———————————————————————-

Both Ant and Ponk were having issues getting around, probably due to the hearts of both being punctured. According to medical though, it should heal within a week. Ant decided he'd camp with Connor in the medical building, knowing the other felt bad about what happened.

Ponk however loved two very stubborn people to death, and didn't have a choice where he was going. Sam had scooped him up and taken him to the small lakeside house.

The cuts on his face would most definitely scar, and he knew it. It would be a small reminder.

To others it might be the mark of a hero, standing up to the big bad Dream as a sacrifice.  To Ponk it was different...

To Ponk it was weakness. Everytime he shut his eyes he was back there, under steady weight as Dream grinned at him. Leaving cut after cut, moving so slowly he felt every cell the blade touched tear.

And he remembers blaming everyone else but himself for how he got in that situation. Where was Sam? Where was Purpled? Why weren't they helping him?

Afterwards he was just dead, in a blank void of black pain. It felt like years before he felt the pain again. Even more intense than when he had died, and he screamed into the blackness.

Then he woke up, Purpled with his arms around him. It was a relief to see his brother, and confusing. Ponk saw how everyone looked at him, with respect.

Ponk was disappointed with himself, he was weak, useless. After leaving the league his combat must have really fallen out. He had gotten soft, and put himself in danger more than needed.

Sam still made his heart twitch with happiness, and bile. It was another attachment. Another source of pain. It was like a tradition they had back in the league.

Most people didn't make it past this initiation. Ponk lost a friend or two to it over the years. The whole process took place in the nether, in a tik tac toe like board. It was all one block thick, you'd have to watch your step to the insane amount. Dance of Flames, though it was less of a dance and more of a bloodbath.

You were given a stone sword, and had to either push your opponent off (who was a trainer or teacher with fire resistance) or survive ten minutes against them. There was no holding back, if people died they died.