Whelp-

Quackity wasn't ready.

He wasn't prepared for the idea of being alone again. It was insufferable, and he hated it. The halls were empty, but about an hour ago he almost got caught.

It made the former assassin feel sick how easy it was to get rid of the problem.

Quackity darted away from the window where he found Sam, running full speed from a guard. The pursuit was silent, filled with the clambering of feet against the sandstone. The Mexican retraced his steps, heading right for the file room Purpled showed them.

Please may there be a lock on the door...

Even at that, the realization hit Quackity like a rock. He was alone, no backup, no one else to solve this puzzle with him. Could he even afford witnesses?

The mercenary darted into the room after him, blades locking together. Though in the small room with objects to slip between Quackity had the advantage. He dipped in and out of reach, knocking the weapon from the other's hand.

Now he stood in the room, a limp body stuffed behind a cabinet. Yes, on instinct he looted it. Didn't mean he was proud, but there was a small letter key with a leaf emblem. It didn't take long to figure out what that was for.

The small filing cabinet creaked under his touch, letting out a metallic squeak as he turned the key in the lock. He coughed, waving a hand to clear the dust.

It wasn't that many files, he could stuff them in the inside of his jacket. I mean if Quackity had time he would read them now, but that was obviously an issue.

Fucking time, always being a fucking bitch about shit he was trying to do.

The Mexican walked out, pulling his mask back over his nose. A hood held back some of his sleek black hair, dark brown eyes scanning the hall as he crept along. Where did they even find Fundy the first time? Wasn't it somewhere around here?

"Dream where are we even going?" A voice called around the corner. Quackity quickly ducked behind a pillar, holding his breath.

"Big meeting, and I figured since you're being nice you could come along." Dream smiled, and Quackity swore the blue skin was entirely gone. It was almost like Skeppy was a placeholder, maybe a crystal in itself.

"I mean I don't exactly want to come, but I gotta feeling there isn't an option is there?"

"I'll give credit where credit is due, you aren't a fool, well in most ways fox boy."

They walked past him, and Quackity heard their conversation fade.

"Call me that again and I'll claw your eyes out..."

Soon after other members of the League started to group up out of nowhere. Quackity fell into the stream of people, carefully as to not bump into one of them.

Oh god please may this be like a condo board meeting or something...

————————————————————————

Schlatt didn't waste time when his eyes caught the portal glow. Hands shot out automatically, fire running in a quick trail. It engulfed the guards by the majority. Wil finished the last two off. Luckily the nether was not very occupied, and the intruders hopped into the obsidian frame.

They came out exactly where he hoped, a hallway made of sandstone League emblems. Hey it was egotistical but Schlatt thought it actually looked quite nice. No one was around, though they could hear shuffling.