Sticks and Stones

If you though Schlatt would stay down forever you'd be wrong. He didn't manage to solve the question he'd been so desperately trying to solve, but he did eventually go home.

As expected, his family was dead. Already buried too, Schlatt saw their graves in the distance on the property. Would he visit them?

Probably not.

The house for the majority was quiet, any work he was required to do he did. In truth it wasn't much, so he spent most of his time pondering the question.

Now he supposed he was a leader, but Schlatt certainly didn't feel like one. Puffy was better at it, so was his parents. God he missed Puffy, they didn't even have time to reconnect before she died. Died again actually.

This shit was so confusing, life was so much calmer back when he was normal.

The horns on his heads weren't always a burden, but their extra senses made him annoyed. Hearing was the worst, he could pick up someone in the hallway through his thick spruce door and cobblestone walls. Closing your eyes didn't mean the end of sight for Schlatt, he could almost feel the outline of objects that should be in his vision through echolocation.

Didn't even have to make a sound, it was that sensitive.

The notice about the projects arrived two days ago, and like he did with any other threat that went his way it went straight to the bin. No shit Sherlock, he was dangerous. Destroying property dangerous. Yeah throw Schlatt in a box because that would totally stop him from raising hell.

His powers drew on the nether, at least that he figured out for sure when he accidentally raised a sinkhole to hell in his backyard. That was something else, though it went away in a matter of seconds and exhausted the fuck outta him. Probably his equivalent of Purpled's storm.

If he really really tried, Schlatt could actually send someone to hell. Which was hilarious to the teen, though in his current situation wasn't useful at all.

Sometimes he broke out the old bamboo poles Quackity used, but it was rather useless without his tiny partner to train with him. His focus was slightly better though, and his form was back to before...

Yeah, before.

The House functioned pretty much like it did before he was running it. Schlatt liked to cram all the work into one day, and then just do nothing for a week.

Or maybe it was the fact that he was planning on going back to L'manburg, hell it was right about time. The teen hadn't solved anything on his own, he needed his friends-

"Schlatt!" A voice chirped, and the teen swung around so fast he nearly fell over. Fingers flamed up, but he quickly put them out. Wil floated in front of him, well Ghostbur did. The bright demeanor of the ghost was slightly tired looking.

"Wil what the hell you nearly set me on fire!"

"Sorry I forget you guys can't see me until I'm all singy and stuff." Ghostbur shrugged, floating to the floor. "How you doing?"

"Confused," Schlatt admitted blankly, "You?"

Ghostbur told him about everything that had been happening, and made sure he didn't leave anything out. The group hadn't been heard from in a couple days...

"Could you give me the general direction they went nether wise?"

"Yeah of course but Schlatt you don't have to go-"

"Will if you meet me there I'll take you with me, deal?" Schlatt said, already throwing on armor. I mean being him he didn't really need it, but the fire protection was kinda just comedically enchanted on his suit so why not.

"Mate I know this is a lot-"

Schlatt let out an annoyed moan, "Would you just shut your skinny ass up and get to the nether?"

Wil broke into a full on grin, "There he is, and yeah I'm gonna get going now!"

Schlatt watched his friend fade, and instantly darted out the door.

His friends were part of who he was, and always will be.

———————————————————————

In all fairness, he did upset a lot of people. And the fact that he killed about ten more in the hallway wasn't getting him anything better. Sam was somewhere around here, and every once in a while they would talk through the wall. Fundy was no where to be found, probably wherever Skeppy was holding him before-

Dream, he meant Dream. However that was possible Purpled didn't know, but that was entirely true.

Legit no one else but Ponk would know he needed to be blinded in order to not use his powers. Which sucked, for a number of reasons. First of all and most obvious,  no powers. Secondly, his heart pounded all the time just from the PTSD of a year plus he had not seeing anything.

Three, if they attempted to hit him Purpled had no idea where it was coming from, and who it was. Sam probably thought he was constantly on the brink of death, in reality it was just the shock of contact that made him release a string of curses.

The warden paced around a lot, peaking over the high up bar window to Purpled the best he could. The bar windows also went along a hallway above, and he could see pairs of feet every once in a while.

"Purpled you doing alright?" He asked, though it probably sounded more like whining. The green mask he had stayed on, just for the sake of how flipping cold it was. His injuries were fairly minor, a couple cuts from swords and daggers that grazed his skin.

"Sam?"

"Yeah?"

"We have to talk to Ponk." Purpled puffed, "He's our only shot."

"Gee guys I missed you too." A voice sharply joked from the hallway window. Quackity was bent down in front of it, masked pulled down to show his huge grin. Sam felt his face light up.

"Oh my god Quackity are you okay!"

"Uh I'm not the trapped one, in fact that makes me the smart one right? Also Purps you got something on your face."

"It's a blindfold dumbass, Dream is here."

"That's impossible dumbass, Dream is dead."

Purpled puffed, "Please tell me I'm close enough for you to reach?"

"If that's a short joke."

"Oh my god Quackity I swear to god if you don't give me a good answer right now I'm gonna throw your beloved beanie in the lava when we get home." Purpled teased, before coughing a little bit. Sam instantly walked over to his window and jumped. He hauled himself up to the bars, before reaching an arm as far as he could through them.

"Dammit I can't, Quackity-"

"Oh my god someone's coming guys I'll be back I promise!" The Mexican blurted out quickly, before jumping to his feet and sprinting around the corner. Sam sighed, and banged a fist against the wall.

"Calm down Sam, I'm sure they aren't here for you." Purpled chuckled.

Sam looked at the wall between them, flustered.

"Man that's the problem! I can't even help you."

"The only way you can help me is finding a way to contact Ponk and get us outta here. I mean I am only a distraction as long as I'm alive, get cracking Sam."

Wow, no pressure or anything...

"Hello Purpled, or you go by Nightshade around here right. Deadly nightshade?"

"Hello Dream."