Chapter 9

Jeongyeon stared at the blonde hair girl in awe, She always knew Mina was very fashionable but today she looked gorgeous. She wore her hair in a low ponytail and wore a puffy sleeve black dress with heels.

"Mina you actually made it, You look beautiful by the way." Jeongyeon says.

"Aww thanks, Birthday girl but I should be saying that to you..." The blonde blushes and looks down shyly. "I made you a present."

"Really? You didn't have to, But you can set it over there. Once I blow out my candles I'll open everything one by one." The blonde nodded as she made her way to the counter that had a whole bunch of gifts.

Jeongyeon soon made her way to the center of the room where her father was standing as he made an announcement. "Alright, My beautiful daughter said that everyone is here and we can officially start."

~

From outside the restaurant, there was a truck across the street. In there was Sana, Nayeon, and Momo.

"Do we really need to stay so long? Mina is inside and she's fine. It's not like she doesn't know anyone." Sana complained to Nayeon who was looking out the window.

"I know but-" Nayeon started before being cut off.

"But what? You wish you were in there don't cha." Sana smirked at the older girl who glared at her.

"Guys, Don't fight. Let's get some food. Mina will call us when she's ready to be picked up." Momo says.

Sana sighs and mumbles a small apology to Nayeon before putting the gear in drive and driving off.

~

To say Mina felt uncomfortable was a lie. The blonde felt like she was at home. Jeongyeon's family was very nice and they treated her as if she were family.

Yes, she did get some glances from Jeongyeon's older sisters but it was later revealed to her that they thought she was Jeongyeon's girlfriend.

'Not yet at least.' Mina thought to herself as she took a sip of her drink. "Do you want to dance?" The blonde turned to see her friend Chaeyoung with her arm stretch out towards her.

"Of course." Mina put her glass down and took Chaeyoung's hand as they made their way to the center.

After a while, Chaeyoung made eye contact with the older girl before whispering. "Jeongyeon likes you, Minari... I can see it.."

"Chae... I-" The blonde wanted to apologize but Chaeyoung shushed her.

"It's alright Mina, Please let me have this one moment with you... Just this one dance." The shorter girl pleaded.

"Alright."

~

"It's time for Jeongyeon to blow out her candles and open her gifts." Jeongyeon's father announced. Everyone made their way to the big table where a decent size birthday cake resides with a candle numbered seventeen on it.

Jeongyeon stood in front of the cake as she watched family, and friends (old and new) sang happy birthday to her. She soon blows out her candles as everyone started to get a piece of the cake.

Once they were finished with their cake, Jeongyeon started to open gifts one by one. Of course, while opening gifts her mother had to throw in some dramatic and embarrassing stories of Jeongyeon when she was younger which causes a lot of laughter and joy.

The dark hair girl soon enough found Mina's gift as she slowly opened it and gasp. "Wow... Mina you really made this for me?"

The blonde played with her fingers and hid her face. "Y-yeah, Do you like it?"