Chapter 26

Kass POV-

Olivia and I are lying on my bed, snuggled up together watching The Princess Bride, one of my favorite movies to rewatch a few times a year. My arm is wrapped around her waist as she sits between my legs with my head on her shoulder as we lean against the headrest.

"This movie is pretty great, how have I never seen this movie before?" She asks causing me to chuckle.

"Exactly how many movies have you seen in total?"

"Well, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Frozen 2....."

"Mhm, that's why you haven't seen perfect gems like Princess Bride." I chuckle at her, causing her to pout.

By the time the movie is finished, we are getting ready to watch a second movie when I get a mind link from one of my sentinels on the border. They spotted a large group of Rogues, ready to attack our pack. Quite ballsy for them to want to attack us so soon after sending the letter but from the sheer number of Rogues here, they mean business.

I hopped off the bed and begin running, Olivia directly behind me. "No Olivia, you stay here, I can't have you in harm's way. I can't lose you now that I finally have you." She grabs my arm and stops me in my tracts.

"I am a part of this pack. It is my duty as your mate to protect this pack, these people as well. If I can't do that, then I couldn't possibly call myself your mate, plus you know I know how to fight." I look down with a smirk. She has a point, and I couldn't possibly argue with her when she makes a point like that.

"Fine, but stick close to me, we'll do it together." She smiles and runs ahead forcing me to chase after her. We run as fast as we can, changing into our wolf forms along the way, not caring about the fact that our clothes would be torn apart.

When we arrive at the border, everyone is in a bloody battle. Chasity is fighting off a few Rogues by herself, mom and dad are taking on a large group without issue. I decide to help the pack Beta who is being surrounded by a large group while Olivia points to the Gamma before going to help them.

I jump into the middle of the skirmish, these wolves are covered in dried blood and muck, looking disgusting and disheveled, clearly used to fighting, giving them an edge over my soldiers. The first wolf sees me and immediately charges but the things about rogues, they may be fast but these things are stupid and predictable. I easily sidestep him and clamp my teeth on his throat, ripping it out, spraying myself and his allies in his blood. I use the confusion to jump on another Rogue ripping the back of his neck off, lifting him in the air tossing him on his buddy.

After dispatching this group we go and join my sister who has a few Rogues surrounding her now, and they are advancing fast. I decided to run head first into one of the Rogues, knocking her off balance, surprising the others enough to let Chasity to get the upper hand. In the scuffle, one of them bites my leg harshly, forcing me to step back. The damage is severe and I won't be able to run quickly for a while, but it shouldn't take too long to heal.

We finish off the remainder of the rogues here, everyone having been damaged pretty badly from the fight. The last few Rogues are off to the side engaged with the Gamma and Olivia. One of the Rogues was sneaking behind them, causing me to panic and dash towards them, but my wound slowed me down too much and I watch helplessly as the Rogue bites down on Olivia's neck, causing blood to splurt out and her to yelp in pain, then it managed to bite her rib cage before the Gamma was able to grab ahold of it and kill it.

I changed back into my human form, not caring about my nakedness and ran over to them as fast as I could and cradled her in my arms, praying that she'd be okay, sometime during the attack she had changed back into her human form, probably from all the pain she was feeling.

I mind linked the pack doctor to get ready for her as her injuries are very serious and is one of the people that will need the most help, I stood up with her in my arms and headed towards the medical wing of the house hoping I'd get there in time with my bummed leg.

AN- Thank you Reading_For_Me for helping me with this chapter 😁