Chapter 1

(Necklaces)
Olivia POV-

"Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to Olivia
Happy birthday to you"

I slowly open my eyes groggily as I was up late last night, unable to sleep as my wolf was restless, probably because I am turning 17, meaning I will finally be able to find my mate, not like they would want me though I'm an omega, the lowest of the low. Shoving these thoughts out of my head I open my eyes fully and see my parents smiling down at me with a fruit bowl with a 17 candle pricked into a piece of pineapple. I smile back up at them as my mum says "go on make a wish" i decided to wish the thing I had been hoping for years 'I wish that my mate won't reject me.'

After a couple minutes of talking my parents finally left my room allowing me to fully wake up and get ready for the day. The first thing I did was get out of bed and crack my back, apparently I slept in an awkward position last night that left me aching all over, once I finished stretching I left my room and walked to the bathroom, I didn't have a en suite bathroom like most kids my age, my parents are omegas like me were not the wealthiest but we get by with what we have. Unlike a lot of other packs mine doesn't treat omegas bad, normally they would become servants or maids and sometimes even get abused, but the alpha of my pack isn't like that he's compassionate and cares about everyone in his pack so he doesn't treat lower ranks bad and the rest of the pack takes after him. Although we don't live in the pack house, we are always welcome there.

When I reach the bathroom I strip off wanting to take a warm shower to relax my body, after about 15 minutes of just standing there, I turn off the shower and reach for my towel and stepped out of the shower looking around. Damnit I thought to myself realising I had forgotten to bring in any clothes to the bathroom, I dried myself off and wrapped my towel around myself, i brushed my teeth before I cracked open the door enough to spot that there was no one upstairs and headed to my room. I decided to pick out something nice to wear seen as it's my birthday and I have no clue what my parents have planned. I picked out a light blue crop top with a checkered button down shirt and a pair of black cargo pants. Once I was finished getting ready I made my way downstairs.

The first thing I notices is the smell, I could tell they had made a lot of food from the aroma around me. I could smell eggs, bacon, sausages, beans, toast, everything that makes up a great breakfast. I greeted my parents with a kiss on the cheek and proceeded to sit down and grab a plate of food.

"Thanks mum that was great" I said after finishing all my food, and I will tell you I ate a lot of food, more than normal, "I'm glad you liked it honey, now go open your presents their in the living room" I nodded my head and walked into the living room, which was probably one of the best rooms in the house, it had a 50" tv, a ps5 and a decent amount of games. If you can't tell already I love games, all kinds, adventure, action, horror. I walked over to my presents and spotted three of them, one of them was obviously some sort of game or something similar from the shape but I didn't know what the others were.

I opened the one that looked like a game first and it was exactly what I thought it would be, a game, the new spider man to be exact, I'd been wanting this for a while but didn't have enough to pay for it. The second one I decided to open was bigger, when I opened it it was a build a bear, my parents sort of have a tradition of getting me one every year, this time it was a polar bear, I decided to name it snowey. The last one was the smallest of them all, I slowly unwrapped it and noticed it was in a small fabric box, when I opened it it was 2 necklaces each with a wolf on, my dad noticed me looking at it in awe and said "one is for you and the other is for your mate when you find them." I walked up to my parents and thanked both of them for the presents and told them I loved them.

I know to some people the presents I got may not seem like a lot, but I was always thought to appreciate everything you are given because they took their time to find it and that's what matters.

"Okay kiddo get in the car we're going out" he tells me, to which I then head towards the car and get in the front seat, when my mum comes out she looks at me with the 'what are you doing look' that every parent had, which I decide to stick my tongue out too making her laugh and then gets in the back seat, "I'll let it slip this time because it's your birthday, but not again after this" she says, surprising me because I thought she kick me out of the front. When my dad comes out he gives me a weird look but doesn't question us and tried to hide the smile he has on his face at the fact my mum is in the back. Once he got himself settles down he turns the car on and starts to drive.

Half an hour later my dad pulled up to a bowling place, I love bowling it's sometching I really like doing especially with my parents because we are all so competitive and the games get interesting. We went in and my dad paid for 3 games and we all got our shoes, I was putting in our names on the device as my dad was ordering a couple of drinks for us and some food, we ended up getting 3 large pizzas, werewolves have a very big appetite and this wouldn't even fill the need so we'd probably have something else when we get home later.

Once everyone was ready we started playing, I obviously put my name down first so I had the first turn, I grabbed the ball making sure I had the correct grip and then swung and let go, not surprisingly I knocked down all the pins, no need to brag but I'm pretty good at bowling and have spent a lot of time doing it, 'ahh if only I was this confident with other people' I thought to myself while my mum was getting ready to bowl.

After about half an hour we have finally finished the first game, I won, but only by 12 points, I managed to get 217 and my mum got 205, my dad was being a sore loser and started talking crap, "I was just warming up, I'm gonna beat you next game, get ready to lose, don't come crying when I beat you" and all these other things, I did say we were competitive. The food had arrived a couple minutes earlier but we decided to wait until the game was over, so we took this time to eat the cheesy goodness on a plate, which was as delicious as always, this place has really good pizza.

By the time we had finished it had been about 2 hours, I had won 2 games which my mum came pretty close to winning in, and surprisingly my dad managed to win a game, pretty unusual and although he lost twice he kept going on about him winning all the way home, when we got home my mum said with a large smile "if you don't stop bragging about your one win out of how many games we have had together, you can happily sleep on the couch tonight." This caused my dad to growl to himself and shut up, knowing that would actually happen and he didn't want to be away from his mate.

The rest of the day was filled with us all spending time with each other, eating, playing games and talking about random things, overall it was a fun day but it had to end early, it was Monday tomorrow meaning school, I don't particularly like school, I mean I'm smart and I'm not failing any classes but I don't really have any friends, although people don't pick on me because I'm an omega, that doesn't mean they befriend me.

____________________________________

AN-

Thankyou for reading this book, I'm not sure how often this will be updated or how long the chapters will be but I'll try update it as much as possible. The chapters definitely won't be this long, normally i struggle to get even 700 words, so I'm aiming for between 500-1000 every chapter, sorry if this isn't very long.