Chapter 2

Olivia POV-

Today is Monday which means school, yayyyy can you hear the sarcasm? I've just got up it's 7:20 in the morning, class starts at 8:30 giving me enough time to get ready and get to school. I've decided I'm going to wear something simple, no need to dress up when I'm invisible to everyone, I decided on a pair of black jeans and a graphic tee tied at the front and a plaid shirt around my waist. once I was all dressed and done in the bathroom I made my way downstairs, already being able to smell the omelettes for breakfast, I walked into the kitchen and kissed my mum on the cheek and thanked her for the breakfast and I sat down to eat it, she's an amazing cook and her food is always nice, she's tried to teach me before but I'm useless in the kitchen, I could probably set water on fire if I tried, and that's not an exaggeration.

By the time I was done it was around 7:55, more than enough time for me to get to school and grab my things from my locker, I grabbed my skateboard from beside the front door and started heading to school, my parents couldn't afford to get me a car, but I'm okay with that I love skateboarding so I'm fine being able to skate to school. I go to Redwood High, a school for the supernatural, there isn't just wolves there, there's vampires, witches, fae and even a couple demons and angels there, but everyone gets along, there hasn't been any fight or wars between different species in centuries, they occur more regularly within species. When I arrive I go straight to my locker to get the books I need for this morning which is English and maths.

Timetable:
Monday: English, maths, science, history and art.
Tuesday: Geography, P.E, ICT, English and maths.
Wednesday: Science, art, supernatural studies, free period and ICT
Thursday: Maths, P.E, free period, English and history.
Friday: Double supernatural studies, PSHCE, free period and geography.

As I was getting my books out of my locker I could smell something sweet that had Sky thrashing about and excited, it smelt of vanilla and lemon, an unusual but amazing mix, the scent mixed with Sky's reaction made me realise that my mate must be near, or has been here recently, I bang my head against my locker closing it, most people would be happy about finding their mate, but for me it's not so much I don't want to be rejected because of my rank, don't get me wrong I want my mate but who would want an omega. I started looking around cautiously, not letting anyone know what I was doing, not like they were paying attention to me anyway. At first I couldn't feel anything so I thought my mate wasn't here anymore, but then my eyes caught her and my heart rate seemed to quicken and I could feel Sky trying to come out saying mate over and over in my head, making me push her back in while trying to control her, which isn't the easiest thing to do. 'Why does it have to be her' I thought to myself looking down away from her, the princess of all werewolves, she's became a player after not finding her mate for 6 months after turning 17, that was about 8 months ago, she's been sleeping around with people for 8 months I sighed to myself. Many people would want her as their mate and many people try to have her but she doesn't accept them as her mate, I'm not like them I don't want her and I don't want to ruin her reputation, I'm and omega she's a princess we can never be together.

After getting out of my own head I glanced back up and looked at her, those brown eyes containing a hue as rich as dark chocolate yet as bright as the early morning sunlight but also holds softness and care, she was with her friends but they didn't know anything was happening right in front of them, they just continued to talk to her without noticing she wasn't paying any attention, I could see her mouth something but Im not completely sure what she said no one seemed to notice but me, I think I know what it might've been, mate, the same thing that Sky said to me. I looked around panicked not knowing what to do, so I did the most logical thing and ran, at least logical to me. Sky didn't like this idea though she was screaming at me in my head, 'why would you do that, she's our mate, stop running, let me have my mate,' this didn't distract me though as I continued to run away from her.