5. Expectations

© VeGirl 2014

When Zoe had left London and Maya was on her own, the opening of Pandora's box of memories was almost overwhelming. There were so many things that Maya didn't want to reveal; things that she wanted to revel in on her own.

She didn't want to speak of the devastation when she was shown to a bedroom of her own. She didn't want to speak of the sadness of ruined expectations. The flight had been tiring, but the worst was her expectations and the strain she had been under.

On her own, Maya lost herself in the memories.

"Mayako!" His voice made her stand in attention and he wrapped an arm comforting around her waist. "This is just my way of giving you some privacy." He stroked his hand over her cheek as his eyes held warmth and concern. "You have no idea what I have planned for you." His voice was soft now and held noting of the steel that was there just a moment ago.

"Yes sir," Maya squeaked out and lowered her face downwards to hide the tears that streamed down her cheeks. She was confused by the contradictions; he looked at her as if she meant a lot, but his actions were cold as steel. Her contemplation was clear for him to see and a part of him wanted to simply take her there and then to make her his, but the more rational part of him knew he had to be easy with this one. She knew nothing of the life he lived and he had to gradually break her in if she wasn't to run for the hills.

Maya reminded herself that he had said she would never be his wife. How could she have been so presumptuous as to read all these emotions into this, she asked herself.

"I am tired from the trip and I am sure you are as well. Go, take a shower and meet me here later." He spoke soft before he couldn't resist to slap her bottom softly in a way that made her tears abruptly stop flowing and warmth pooled inside her. "I'll put clothes out for you."

She walked into the room that was hers and noticed that door to the on suite bathroom was ajar and another door slightly open. Curiosity made her peak in there before she hit the shower and found a walk-in-closet filled to the brim with clothes. Quickly she closed it, certain that she had peeked into somebody else's room.

She scurried in and started the tap in a gorgeous bathroom with a large window overlooking the night skyline of Paris. Even if her stomach was churning nervously, a smile widened on her face. This truly was a beautiful place.

A shower was exactly what she needed and she tilted her face upwards to let the water rain softly down over her; washing her stress away. On a shelf in the shower several bottles stood and she boldly picked them up, one at a time. He had said this bedroom was hers, so he must have put them here for her she deduced and lathered her hair to wash it thoroughly. After having sniffed a couple of bottles Maya decided which shower gel she wanted and lathered her body as well. The loveliest aroma filled the bathroom and she stood there for a long time while the stress flowed with the water down the drain.

Carefully she dried her hair and swept a luscious towel around herself to go find what she was supposed to wear for the evening.

On a hanger she found a red silky gown. It was absolutely gorgeous but as she lifted it to slip it over herself, she noticed it was completely see-through and she gasped.

Did he expect for her to walk around like that?

Hidden behind it was a matching robe and as she swept that over as well, she exhaled relieved. She wasn't as exposed as she had feared. With underwear from her suitcase and this dress on, she tiptoed out of the room towards the lounge.

"There you are my little one. I wondered if I had to come in and get you." Arnaud stood by a bar-cabinet, and had a pair of black slacks on that hung low on his hips and a white t-shirt that hugged his muscular chest. By the moist in his fair hair, he revealed that he had taken a hot shower as well. The forced release he had didn't do any good though; as soon as his eyes fell on the little girl he was instantly coiled up again.