16. Alternative Christmas

© VeGirl 2014

Despite it being in the middle of summer and I sat there in the shade of my private little garden, my memories took me to that first Christmas Arnaud and I spent together.

For Christmas Arnaud asked if Maya wanted to celebrate with her family in Japan but she saw no point in that. "Christmas is not widely celebrated in Japan as not many people there are Christians. Schools and business are open until December 25th, so there is really no need to go there for my family's sake. Don't you want to celebrate with your family?" Maya asked and realised that they had never discussed his family.

He raised his brows. "Haven't I told you that I don't have a family?"

She sucked in a sharp breath. "What?"

"My mother raised me without any contact with my father and I have never tried to make any contact with him. If I had no father as a child I can do without it now as well." He smiled and she thought he had a point.

"But what about your mother?"

"She passed away five years ago. It was cancer."

Maya exhaled a sympathetic moan for him. "I'm so sorry for your sake, Arnaud." She put a hand on his cheek and he placed his own over it.

"Your compassion is remarkable, ma petite." He kissed her light on the lips. "I am so blessed to have found you."

They sat tight together on the couch.

"Don't you celebrate Christmas in Japan at all?" It was obviously bothering him.

"Yes..." Maya laughed at his shocked expression. "Christmas Eve is thought of as a romantic day, which couples spend together exchanging presents. Young couples like to go for walks to look at the Christmas lights and have a romantic meal in a restaurant." She smiled at him. "I'd like to do that here with you."

"I'd like that very much." He wrapped her in his arms. "So it is settled; we'll stay here for Christmas."

"Perhaps we could go to the Club," she suggested while biting her lower lip. "Is it open?"

"You delightfully naughty girl," he chastised her with twinkling eyes. "It is closed for Christmas, but I can do a private opening for you." He smirked. "If you get an urge to get strapped to the St Andrew cross and get flogged," he teased and a shill ran through her.

She couldn't understand why anyone would want to be hit?

"It's open on Boxing Day if you want audience," he taunted. "I don't mind."

"You naughty man," she laughed.

* * *

Maya halted right when they were about to head to the club next evening. "What about the collar?" She couldn't remember if he had taken it out of the safe at home.

"Not tonight, little one. Tonight you explore freely."

She furrowed her brows. "Without you?" she asked anxiously in a tiny voice.

"Not a chance. I'll be there every step of the way."

She exhaled relieved and smiled at him. "Good. I need you to explain."

He pulled her close and kissed her temple. "Come on."

It felt weird to having to chosen her own outfit for the evening instead of simply saying Yes Master. This was difficult. She wrapped her wintercoat over the stretch-dress in red she had decided on and the zipper in front felt cold against her skin. The shoes were black with red soles to match and heels high enough to make walking difficult.